The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ohlins on 2020 S550?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
will backdating or trimming rear control arms on 2020 S550 GT to fit ohlins cause any problems?
I have them on my 2017 and there is annoying sound from the rear springs because of the trimming the springs don't fit best. I'm not sure if a helper spring will solve that (it might). Vorshlag is your best bet as they can sell you correctly trimmed rear control arms as well as Ohlins. Overall the shocks are very good and made real improvements in how my car handle on track. But I got Ohlins because in Europe is easier to source. I guess in the states there are other options: MCS mainly was my other choice because they could be upgraded. Or if you had the money JRi.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ontario
I have them on my 2017 and there is annoying sound from the rear springs because of the trimming the springs don't fit best. I'm not sure if a helper spring will solve that (it might). Vorshlag is your best bet as they can sell you correctly trimmed rear control arms as well as Ohlins. Overall the shocks are very good and made real improvements in how my car handle on track. But I got Ohlins because in Europe is easier to source. I guess in the states there are other options: MCS mainly was my other choice because they could be upgraded. Or if you had the money JRi.
Hey, i got my ohlins installed and my rear passenger side does squeak, wont be doing anything about it, its not too bad.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ontario
IMG_4589.png
Hello, is this the proper way to install ohlins on a 2020? Is the gap supposed to be there? I could not tell from ohlins instructions.

TMO Supporting Vendors