The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Phoenix mustangs highlighted on Ford Racing blurb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wonder where those springs came from? ;D

BTW Dave Born owns a 2012 Kona Blue BOSS 302. He has good taste in Mustangs. Nice job Dave!

I'll see if I can record that off of my DVR with some better sound.

blacksheep-1 said:
I would say about 600 pound fronts would be close

Ahh.. so going that high in rate means a much larger wire size, and to package that size with the solid heights you need a larger spring ID. Also, with such a small diameter coil and that high rate the wire is too short and causes ridiculous undesired side loads.

600lbs/in. I have heard Vorshlag was at 800lbs /in with that insane downforce setup.

twistedneck said:
...600lbs/in. I have heard Vorshlag was at 800lbs /in with that insane downforce setup.

Yeah, between the aero and the 335 Hoosier up front we moved to a relatively unstreetable 800 lb/in spring up front. For most people we run either a 450 or 600 up front. Most of our competitive setups use the 600. The wire size and spring length isn't that bad in the Hyperco 600 we use.

TMO Supporting Vendors