The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tornado hits Willy Da P's house , but there is even worse news............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
All good sentiments and though there has not been a bottle in the house for 2-3 months, I decided while replacing groceries for my wife ( no electricity for 3 full days ) that I deserved a celebratory " I survived a Tornado " bottle of cheer! I am sure JDee and my other Canadian friends will approve?! After seeing so much unreal destruction near us, my wife and I feel doubly blessed.

IMG_1337.jpg

Stanger58

Owner / Lead Instructor / Driver Coach
HOLY FLYING TRAILER, Pembatman! Gheeeze, not the kind of "welcome home" that anyone deserves!

Glad that you and the Mrs are physically OK...

And that is a very nice bottle to cheer yourself up with.

Good luck with the insurance and all the crap that comes with "natural disaster" clean up.

Jeff

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
From the other side of the globe, glad to hear you are relatively unscathed. When you guys say everything is bigger in the US, you mean it. Been through cyclones down here and they don't come close to those tornado's you have up there. Hope the rebuild doesn't get drawn out by the dreaded insurance companies. Stay safe and hope you don't get a revisit.
Good to have mates looking out for each other up there and checking in. Even the crazy ones who film it from their back yard. Are they that fearless behind the wheel of their cars too.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
May get a new Air Conditioner ( heat pump ), along with the roof and deck, and when so many folks have houses flattened it is hard not to almost feel lucky. Again, thanks for the calls, emails, etc. it means alot and the only disadvantage to some of you is you now have know my many ramblings could continue for years to come, ha!

Spent most of the day in Minden, IA yesterday. A guys from work had 3 family members lose their homes, the one couple was interviewed when I was there yesterday. We have more storms lined up for this afternoon and they haven't been able to get a conex so they have my trailer for now so they could salvage what they can. We cleaned out that garage yesterday and I have a pic of what it looked like. I don't know how many of those large retaining wall block ended up in the garage and we were finding some of the caps on top of 5-6 foot of debris. There were trusses in there we think from a pole barn that was 2 blocks away, and it seemed like someones whole roof of shingles still attached to the sheathing along with tree branches and everything else. Amazing the destruction these tornado's did and make's me realize that I don't really have a good safe place in my basement.

1714478447386.png

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Liz and I consider ourselves very fortunate , as the damage many folks incurred makes our losses seem minor. 12coboss was one of the first individuals to contact us to see if we needed help and it is easy to see from the above post that his concern for others extended well beyond local friends. I commend his concern for others and it makes me even prouder to call him friend!

Last edited:
In the V6L
All good sentiments and though there has not been a bottle in the house for 2-3 months, I decided while replacing groceries for my wife ( no electricity for 3 full days ) that I deserved a celebratory " I survived a Tornado " bottle of cheer! I am sure JDee and my other Canadian friends will approve?! After seeing so much unreal destruction near us, my wife and I feel doubly blessed.

View attachment 94918
If you want to celebrate a "my car survived a tornado too" moment, try this:

1714518842093.png
I'm' really glad to hear nothing bad happened to you and your family. There are so many more "unnatural disaster" problems these days - big wildfires, hurricanes, tornados, floods, you name it, it just goes on and on.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Glad to here you and your wife are OK, tornado's are nasty and so random. Nothing worse then sitting in the basement and hoping it passes without getting you.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
American Family Insurance has been phenomenal, I already got the settlement monies and bought a new trailer from Marx Trailers in Sioux City, Iowa. It was the best experience I ever had getting a trailer, it is a family run business for over 60 years and you chat with the owner. At only about an 1 hour and 20 minutes away the fact that he has an entire shop with 8 Techs to fix trailers and cover warranty issues was huge for me, but pricing was super competitive and the business has an olde world feel .......... just a bunch of nice folks who appreciate your business.

He carries EZLoader and H&H and I got the EZLoader as I wanted all aluminum this time around. Looked at ATC ( like I had ) and Bravo and they were super compatible but the price was better.

Hoping to have luck with my deck as the guy who will be working on it started tracking his ZL1 1LE Camaro of late. I am trying not to hold that against him but since his favorite Whisky is Crown Royal he can't be all bad. We are so lucky, the number of folks with nothing left is staggering.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Hoping to have luck with my deck as the guy who will be working on it started tracking his ZL1 1LE Camaro of late. I am trying not to hold that against him but since his favorite Whisky is Crown Royal he can't be all bad. We are so lucky, the number of folks with nothing left is staggering.
if you want to connect with the contractor repairing the deck, stick with cars until after the deck is built. Lol

American Family Insurance has been phenomenal, I already got the settlement monies and bought a new trailer from Marx Trailers in Sioux City, Iowa. It was the best experience I ever had getting a trailer, it is a family run business for over 60 years and you chat with the owner. At only about an 1 hour and 20 minutes away the fact that he has an entire shop with 8 Techs to fix trailers and cover warranty issues was huge for me, but pricing was super competitive and the business has an olde world feel .......... just a bunch of nice folks who appreciate your business.

He carries EZLoader and H&H and I got the EZLoader as I wanted all aluminum this time around. Looked at ATC ( like I had ) and Bravo and they were super compatible but the price was better.

8 techs? Did you send some pics of your current trailer and ask if they can put back together?? haha
Glad it's working out on the insurance side.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel