The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Waiting on my Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ordered a Kona Blue 1/24 (for Sticker). Other than me calling salesrep once in a while, he's say's nothing we can do except wait. It's been 5 mos now. From what I understand, no matter where your order falls in line, Ford can still give you a projected delivery date. I'm starting to wonder if they even had an allocation for me. Anybody have any suggestions or phone numbers I can contact Ford. I wan't to tell the Dealer to stick it, but they are the only one in the area selling for sticker.

He could at least tell you what quarter the allocation is slotted for. That should at least make the waiting a little easier knowing what quarter it is for. If he cant tell you that, make sure you tell him to ask his zone rep. Otherwise, it sounds fishy if you cant get what quarter the build is supposed to be for.

Other than the quarter of their allocation there will be no additional information until the car is pulled for production and a VIN assigned. Your dealer should be able to tell you what quarter the allocation is. Call the number below and see if they can determine if your car is in the system. You should have received a vehicle order confirm or VOC. On it will be your dealer number and their order number. You can can be tracked with that info until the VIN is assigned. Good luck.

Ford Customer Service
1-800-392-3673

Thanks for the help. Called that number. They were a ton of help. Didn't even know I was supposed to have an order number. Ford Customer Service got it for me from my sales rep for me. He couldn't even give me a qtr when it might be built. Said there were some material issues holding up production. That's ok, for the first time in 5 mos., I actually know i'm getting one.

So what quarter build do you actually have? They're a blast to drive, it's only been 2 days for me, and I haven't stopped smiling yet!

Still no qtr assigned. They said try back in a week to see if there's any change in status.

5 mos later after placing order, still not even a qtr assigned. Ridiculous!! Anyone else having similar problem?

5 months is a very long time to be in limbo. There are issues in pinning down build dates and shipping info. Some folks here have had very good luck in dealing with their progress and delivery, some have had some issues and others like you have had some major problems.

All I can say is to use all the resources available. The best resource is your dealer if they are so inclined and are willing to share your enthusiasm in tracking your build and its progress. If they get stuck then ask them to pull in your district rep. Ford customer service is a good tool to monitor what progress is being made, but they have limited visibility into the process and in my experience can only tell you what they see on the screen.

Others have posted here that for the 2012 Boss, the allocations were made last fall to all the dealers who are going to get one this year. The dealer you ordered yours from should know when their allocation is due by quarter. If Ford opens up additional allocations or gets rid of the allocation process as Boss sales progress, that will open up the field a bit for potential buyers. I haven't heard that has happend yet, but wouldn't be surprised to see it if Boss allocation sales are robust.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
You should insist that your dealer contact their area rep via email and request what quarter allocation they have. If they won't do that I'd start looking for another car. There are plenty sitting on lots and although most have ADM if you find what you want start asking for MSRP and see what happens.

Now that the incentives have pretty much cleared out the 2011 vehicles, sales will start dropping off again and dealers should be more receptive to dropping the ADMs on Bosses in the coming months.

PJWANNABE said:
5 DOT 0 said:
You should insist that your dealer contact their area rep via email and request what quarter allocation they have. If they won't do that I'd start looking for another car. There are plenty sitting on lots and although most have ADM if you find what you want start asking for MSRP and see what happens.

Now that the incentives have pretty much cleared out the 2011 vehicles, sales will start dropping off again and dealers should be more receptive to dropping the ADMs on Bosses in the coming months.
I think that is true...certainly by September or so a person shouldn't have to worry about ADM I don't think.

TMO Supporting Vendors