The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Froggy Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Garden Ridge, TX
Long time lurker, first time poster. I currently have a 2013 Mustang GT I ordered new back in 2012 specifically to autocross. It's a base 301 GT (I wanted a Boss 302 so bad but they weren't allowed in F Stock back then, which was my target class) and its only options were Track Pack and Recaros. The car has progressed through several different SCCA autocross classes and even occasionally collected hardware along the way, but is currently in CAMC partially due to Hoosier prices LOL.

Currently, the only power mods are a Steeda intake, Pypes headers and cats and a dyno tune, where it made 391rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I run low offset 19x11 wheels (a throwback to 325 Hoosiers from the car's brief ESP stint) with whatever the tire of the month is, but I currently have Nexens (great when new, not so much after almost a year and 120+ runs LOL), fresh Yoks for Nats and PS4S for when it rains. Aero is limited to a homemade blondewood splitter with Professional Awesome! mounts and a Lexan spoiler, though I really should move to a wing. The suspension has Koni doubles with Strano valving, GC coils with camber plates and 550/300# springs, a Fays2 Watts, Steeda adjustable UCA, and LCA relocation brackets, and an aluminum driveshaft. The car also has some of the free/almost free weight savings mods including removing the backseat, radio, underhood sound deadening, etc.

My wish list includes more power and less weight, but damn heads/cams and carbon fiber is expensive! Though I do have a Kenny Brown AGS k-member and a-arms on order, we'll see if I get them in time to install before Nats.

I've included a couple pics from a recent local event, as well as some shitty garage pics of how the car sits now, a pic from the day I picked Froggy up from the dealership, and a shot from when my car was a blurb in Sportscar. Hope to see everyone in Lincoln in a month and a half!

sasca 23 06 03 1.jpg

sasca 23 06 03 2.jpg

20230719_030627.jpg

20230719_030708.jpg

20230719_030853.jpg

DSC00226.JPG

sportscar 14 12.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel