The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R Rear Seat Kit Now Available from Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
If you need rear seating in your new Shelby GT350R, Ford now has you covered.

Ford announcement link:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/01/21/back-seat-fun-gets-revved-up-with-new-mustang-gt350r-back-seat.html

302 Hi Pro

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
and this is the link to the Part Details and the Instruction Sheet

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=25876

Hopefully Ford Performance releases the RSD kit too which should drop the price.

Adding a rear seat seems pretty silly to me. I can't imagine there would be that much demand for it. Now the rear seat delete kit, that I can see guys ordering.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
JTG said:
Adding a rear seat seems pretty silly to me. I can't imagine there would be that much demand for it. Now the rear seat delete kit, that I can see guys ordering.

I know what your saying, but we might be surprised. Could this option actually increase R demand now that the absence of a rear seat is no longer an objection?

As for me, I like the R just the way she rolls off the line.
302 Hi Pro

My GT350 rear seats, brackets and seatbelts are for sale if any R owners are interested. I assume R owners would keep their delete kit and reinstall it when/if they sell it down the road so this would give you a relatively inexpensive option.

20160123_150344_zpsehzfhpxe.jpg

302 Hi Pro said:
I know what your saying, but we might be surprised. Could this option actually increase R demand now that the absence of a rear seat is no longer an objection?

As for me, I like the R just the way she rolls off the line.
302 Hi Pro
It's certainly possible. I had an LS owner buy my Boss rear seats so his kids could ride with him.

cloud9 said:
It's certainly possible. I had an LS owner buy my Boss rear seats so his kids could ride with him.

I guess if your kids are young enough that would make sense. When I bought my LS the owner gave me back seats he bought and never installed. My daughter is 14 and wouldn't be comfortable in the back. My son's are 5' 10" and 6' 3" so they're not going back there so the back seat I have is up for sale.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel