The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kooks H-pipe no cats w/side exhaust--SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kooks H-pipe w/o cats, H was on car for a very short time. Front off road pipes are still new. SOLD

Side pipes still look brand new. Stickers still attached. SOLD

Also have stock mufflers ($100pr + shipping) and exhaust manifolds ($100pr + shipping).

DSC03298_zps1bf0e92f.png

DSC03299_zpsb0f417cc.png

DSC03300.png

DSC03301.png

DSC03302.png

DSC03303.png

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Re: Kooks H-pipe no cats w/side exhaust

seeing how kooks doesnt list a part number for a mid pipe for use with the factory manifolds I think its just a catless version of this mid pipe for their long tubes.
KO_HPipeCat1_640x480.jpg

http://www.cooltechllc.com/Boss/Boss_KO_HPipeBossNoCat.shtml

Sorry should have stated that it is for use with their long tubes. After looking closer I think the part number is incorrect on the labels should be 60-42-ORH-302-BOSS.

As Justin posted it's listed at $626 on CoolTechs site.

Here is a pic of the pipe on my car connecting to the Kooks long tubes.

B2header.png

Sesshomurai

I've been eyeing this setup for a while now. Just curious, why are you getting rid of them? Any reviews?

darreng505 said:
I've been eyeing this setup for a while now. Just curious, why are you getting rid of them? Any reviews?

I have the Kooks off-road X installed right now. It was on the car when I bought it. Got this and several other parts in the deal with the car. So while I can't comment on the Boss H it looks very well put together just like the X. I love the Kooks headers, X and Corsa axle back though.

Decided not to reinstall the H with side pipes.

Selling these to fund future mods.

Justin

how loud was it? I plan on getting the kooks lt's and the catted h-pipe combined with the magnaflow comp cat back I currently have on the car. if I have to I will go back to GT500's and stock axle tubes.

Justin said:
how loud was it? I plan on getting the kooks lt's and the catted h-pipe combined with the magnaflow comp cat back I currently have on the car. if I have to I will go back to GT500's and stock axle tubes.

Justin, I haven't ever had the H or side exhaust on my car. PO removed them and went with the Kooks X.

The X doesn't allow for use of the side pipes. With the X and Corsa Extreme axle back it sounds very good at idle but is very loud when accelerating. At highway speeds there is no drone and it isn't loud until you punch the gas. The system that was on my old '01 Bullitt had way more drone and was louder (in the car) at highway speeds. (JBA long tubes, Dr. Gas O/R X and magnaflow magnapack catback)

Brad

Justin

gotcha thanks. I am guessing with the magnaflows on the boss its going to be insane. guess I will find out :)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Does anyone know if this would screw up the trackey... i.e. require a tune? I'm guessing yes, but I'm hopeful no. I know AM got something like 60 hp when they did this with a tune and TB. Looking maybe like 30ish without the tune? Thoughts?

ufnavy06 said:
Does anyone know if this would screw up the trackey... i.e. require a tune? I'm guessing yes, but I'm hopeful no. I know AM got something like 60 hp when they did this with a tune and TB. Looking maybe like 30ish without the tune? Thoughts?

Check out the results that CoolTech explains in this thread. He talks about the lack of need for a custom tune and has dyno graphs posted.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/kook's-header-exhaust-gain-35hp-40tq/

ufnavy06

Ugh, that post reminded me. CA emissions. But with my car registered in FL and be being a legal resident of FL on military orders, that gets me out of it right? Also, it sounds like they didn't need a tune because they used the catted version. Any truth to that?

ufnavy06 said:
Ugh, that post reminded me. CA emissions. But with my car registered in FL and be being a legal resident of FL on military orders, that gets me out of it right? Also, it sounds like they didn't need a tune because they used the catted version. Any truth to that?

Just quickly skimming the thread check posts 7, 8, 17, and 18. If I'm reading it correctly first tests were done with no cats then also with cats on his car.

He also claims.... you don't have to smog a car in California for the first 6 years of ownership.

So I guess you would be good until 2018 or so.

ufnavy06

Well that's good news. The wife says I can but trying to determine all of the costs associated with this. Kinda a reward for not driving the car for 6 months and a birthday present to me and my son lol.

ufnavy06 said:
Well that's good news. The wife says I can but trying to determine all of the costs associated with this. Kinda a reward for not driving the car for 6 months and a birthday present to me and my son lol.

Well getting the wife's approval can be half or more of the battle. ;) Sounds like a great reward/present, and I can guarantee your son will love it!! My youngest daughter was upset with me for selling my heavily modded '01 Bullitt until she rode in the Boss the first time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel