The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 BOSS 302 - Grabber Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
batman48195 said:
Doesn't Track Key reduce your warranty from 36 months/miles to 12 months/miles?

Brian
no it doesnt
TracKey powertrain software installation and key programming will be available to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners through Ford Racing authorized dealers. Priced at $302 (retail), TracKey is available starting Nov. 1 from your local Ford dealer. As an aftermarket product, TracKey comes with a “best-in-the-aftermarket industry” 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warranty.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Maybe they will give the 13's a lopeyier idle than the 12's
[/quote]

The flip side of that coin is that they could de-tune the beast so it behaves more like a Prius. What a horrible thought. I just can't bear to think like this.

MMD

MakeMyDay said:
Maybe they will give the 13's a lopeyier idle than the 12's

The flip side of that coin is that they could de-tune the beast so it behaves more like a Prius. What a horrible thought. I just can't bear to think like this.

MMD
[/quote]

What's a lope idle and why is it good ?

Boss3o2

boss2511 said:
no it doesnt
TracKey powertrain software installation and key programming will be available to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 owners through Ford Racing authorized dealers. Priced at $302 (retail), TracKey is available starting Nov. 1 from your local Ford dealer. As an aftermarket product, TracKey comes with a “best-in-the-aftermarket industry” 3-year/36,000-mile warranty, and its installation and usage does not void the original OE warranty.

[/quote]

That's in-correct. I was told by both Ford, and Ford Racing - Installing Track Key software, reduces your original 5 Year or 60,000 Mile Powertrain warranty, down to 3 years or 36,000 Miles.

Boss3o2 said:
boss2511 said:
no it doesnt

That's in-correct. I was told by both Ford, and Ford Racing - Installing Track Key software, reduces your original 5 Year or 60,000 Mile Powertrain warranty, down to 3 years or 36,000 Miles.
[/quote]

That's not entirely correct:

HOW WILL THIS AFFECT VEHICLE WARRANTY?
TracKey is warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship, when installed on a Boss 302 or
Laguna Seca by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, beginning upon dealer installation and registration
of the part(s) with Ford Racing for the balance of 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the
start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This Limited Warranty replaces the
existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty for engine, driveline and suspension parts, when
the warranted Ford Racing Part is identified as the causal part of a warrantable concern.
Installation of
these select Ford Racing parts by an authorized dealer does not nullify the New Vehicle Limited
Warranty. All engine, driveline and suspension warranty issues not related to installation of Ford Racing
parts remain subject to existing manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
To register for Ford Racing Limited Warranty, please contact the Ford Racing Tech Line at
(800) FORD-788 and provide the TracKey proof of purchase and installation invoices, date, mileage, and
VIN.
Visit www.fordracingparts.com for additional information regarding the Ford Racing Limited Warranty.

In short...if something happens to the engine that has NOTHING to do with the installed Track Key software then you are covered by the original warranty. On the other hand, if it's found to be a failure caused by the track key software, THEN it's on the 3/36.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)

What's a lope idle and why is it good ?
[/quote]

Words cannot explain this. You just got to experience this in person. But you can go to you tube and search for Boss 302 Trak Key and see (I mean hear) for yourself. Turn volume way up and you'll get the idea. This is what a high performace auto sounds like.

MMD

Pretty much. It is just for show, either you like it or not. You can disable it by holding one of the buttons when you start the car.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
CaliMR said:
Pretty much. It is just for show, either you like it or not. You can disable it by holding one of the buttons when you start the car.

Its more than that. It changes the valve timing for improved performance. In the old days, they would physically change the camshaft. This would cause the intake valve to stay open longer to draw in more fuel and the exhaust valve would open sooner to let out the exhaust faster. Thats how the there was more time for the intake valve to be open. With Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (Ti-VCT) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_Cam_Timing this is possible. Here is a video of what an older boss sounds like with a mild camshaft in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFP0Ser2uU&feature=related So, its more performance related but it also sounds cool. And with electronics and the red key you can get the same kind of performance without having to tear the engine down to replace the camshaft.

Brian

Found an in stock 13 in CA. I called and asked the salesman what the production number was, he said he'd call me back in 10 minutes.

http://www.folsomlakeford.com/new/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-62f5f29f0a0a0002016e111185da1232.htm

1DAAT said:
Found an in stock 13 in CA. I called and asked the salesman what the production number was, he said he'd call me back in 10 minutes.

http://www.folsomlakeford.com/new/Ford/2013-Ford-Mustang-62f5f29f0a0a0002016e111185da1232.htm

Looks like MSRP! :)

Found another one! SBY in Greensboro, NC at Green Ford. Number 138. That's 4 accounted for. The one at future ford and Jeff's grabber blue. How many more got off of Ramp 51?

JeffIsHereToo said:
1DAAT said:

Looks like MSRP! :)

10k over MSRP, just called, lol.

1 GHIG in Fayetteville NC at MSRP #0141

MakeMyDay said:
JeffIsHereToo said:
ArizonaGT said:
number TWOOOOOOOOO! Sweet!

Yes, it's cool, but I feel like the guy that wins the Silver medal! LOL

Where is #1!?!?!

I read that #1 went up to Calgary, Canada. I also read that 4 of the first 14 Bosses went to Canada.

MMD

The latest from those inside Ford is that only 6 cars left before the hold not the early rumored 14. Maybe #1 went north but it looks like the total number is 6...just an FYI!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel