The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 @4o6racing Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fantastic and you mentioned it was a super tight Championship and a win would secure it for you, so it that what happened? So cool , another TMO Champion Driver to add to the mix. For newcomers on the Forum it is helpful for them to note that many of the contributors have won various racing/autocross Series around the Country. We are getting info and suggestions from those who have succeeded on courses around the US/Canada and the World, so no reason to hang out on any other Mustang Forum......imho!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Fantastic and you mentioned it was a super tight Championship and a win would secure it for you, so it that what happened? So cool , another TMO Champion Driver to add to the mix. For newcomers on the Forum it is helpful for them to note that many of the contributors have won various racing/autocross Series around the Country. We are getting info and suggestions from those who have succeeded on courses around the US/Canada and the World, so no reason to hang out on any other Mustang Forum......imho!
It was a hard fought P2 yesterday to none other than @SMGDHG who threw down a blistering lap in his 3v Bullitt. First and second for the season championship was between @Tri-bar and I, so whoever finished higher yesterday would come out on top after a back and forth battle all year. Once the season points are published, I’ll post them here so everyone can see how the MDC handicap system works, and the full list of drivers that participated. We had a total of 23 drivers in MDC2, and MDC1 had 28 — great results for the first year of the series.

Speed Ventures and series sponsor MMR decided that since 2023 was such a success, they want to take it to the next level in 2024!

IMG_8855.jpeg

Last edited:
CA
It was a hard fought P2 yesterday to none other than @SMGDHG who threw down a blistering lap in his 3v Bullitt. First and second for the season championship was between @Tri-bar and I, so whoever finished higher yesterday would come out on top after a back and forth battle all year. Once the season points are published, I’ll post them here so everyone can see how the MDC handicap system works, and the full list of drivers that participated. We had a total of 23 drivers in MDC2, and MDC1 had 28 — great results for the first year of the series.

Speed Ventures and series sponsor MMR decided that since 2023 was such a success, they want to take it to the next level in 2024!

View attachment 91840
They've got a great thing going with that group that I am honestly very jealous of. Hopefully they can add norcal tracks to the calendar. I'm curious to see how the payout structure works out; it could make it a worthwhile endeavor along with NASA for me in 2024. Keep me in the loop if you hear anything (hopefully I would be invited to compete?) or get any updates.

Great running with you and @Tri-bar as always and thanks for the shoutout!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
They've got a great thing going with that group that I am honestly very jealous of. Hopefully they can add norcal tracks to the calendar. I'm curious to see how the payout structure works out; it could make it a worthwhile endeavor along with NASA for me in 2024. Keep me in the loop if you hear anything (hopefully I would be invited to compete?) or get any updates.

Great running with you and @Tri-bar as always and thanks for the shoutout!
Payout? Did somebody say payout?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Payout? Did somebody say payout?
I knew that would get your attention! Should have the schedule out soon - 8 races, 6 count so there’s some flexibility. I believe Sonoma and Spring Mountain in Vegas will be 2 of the 8. I’ll post up more details as they drop.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I knew that would get your attention! Should have the schedule out soon - 8 races, 6 count so there’s some flexibility. I believe Sonoma and Spring Mountain in Vegas will be 2 of the 8. I’ll post up more details as they drop.
I’m listening….

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Interesting that mr “im the fastest gt350 on the west coast, evrn though ill never post track times and my cars at mmr 90% of the year‘’ isnt running but sponsors
I don't know who were talking about but I'm willing to watch and listen. :) 🍿

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
@5.2 liters of democracy knows who im talking about and he would never come to this forum
There is always somebody faster....claiming that they are the fastest is a dangerous statement, but whatever.
As I've often said; "If you're really that fast, everyone already knows you're that fast, and if you aren't, then shut the hell up."

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
@5.2 liters of democracy knows who im talking about and he would never come to this forum
I don't know who were talking about but I'm willing to watch and listen. :) 🍿
As an innocent bystander, I can assure you both the fastest sure as hell isn't me lol

Back on topic:
Congrats Tom! I can't wait to be back out there with you in a few months. I'm gonna have to do my best to follow in your mirrors for 3 turns to make up for lost time!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal

View attachment 91840

Whats this picture from i havent seen it? Was it posted at Buttonwillow?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Whats this picture from i havent seen it? Was it posted at Buttonwillow?
It’s a paper flyer they handed out on Saturday. Here’s the back side of it. Dedicated website should launch soon with all of the details.

IMG_8860.jpeg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
2024 schedule posted today. More details forthcoming, but new website not launched yet.

IMG_8873.jpeg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
2024 schedule posted today. More details forthcoming, but new website not launched yet.

View attachment 91917
You can go on speed ventures site and register for the event and once you go through the selections it gives you the option to sign up for mdc pro, costs $25 to enter vs regular mdc, 4 people are aldready signed up for wsir.

TMO Supporting Vendors