• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

6.8 liter Mustang engine in the works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Today's engines with all the modern technology deliver more HP per CI than ever before....My Boss 302 keeps me busy....;);)

302BOB

Epic Contributor
It seems like everybody can't get enough HP these days....How far do you want to go????....800..900...what are you going to do with that much power????....My Boss with 444HP gives me plenty to get in trouble with and if the Jones's want to better that ,so be it....................................The new electric cars coming out will leave all of us in the dust....without that magical sounding exhaust note...sad to say...............
....that Bullitt sounds almost as good as my Boss.....;)

Last edited:

xr7

TMO Addict?
It seems like everybody can't get enough HP these days....How far do you want to go????....800..900...what are you going to do with that much power????....My Boss with 444HP gives me plenty to get in trouble with and if the Jones's want to better that ,so be it....................................The new electric cars coming out will leave all of us in the dust....without that magical sounding exhaust note...sad to say...............
....that Bullitt sounds almost as good as my Boss.....;)
I agree, the 444hp is very impressive, one of the reasons I chose this car and haven't added boost. I am just thinking out load. If I was asked what Ford should build for the next special Mustang, my suggestions are 428 Cobra Jet, Boss 429, Mustang GT w/427 SOHC or lastly give me a Boss 351. The first three would be easy as far as engines go, just don't use the 5.4 Mod for the Boss 351. Any of these would sell like crazy.

Last edited:

302BOB

Epic Contributor
My Boss Pulls like there's no Tomorrow from 1st to 5th....6th lets you relax a little, but by then you better watch it!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel