• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake cooling <on a car> with A/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was mounting up my cooling plates and then looking to the bumper for the intake plates location / mounting. I still have A/C installed and intake plates get uncomfortably close to the lower A/C lines. Because, yes, I still have A/C installed.

Has anyone completed an install of the Fabman cooling system on a S197 that still has functioning AC? Have any pics? I am mocking up options for the passenger side, there isn't an issue on the driver side intake mount.

Was mounting up my cooling plates and then looking to the bumper for the intake plates location / mounting. I still have A/C installed and intake plates get uncomfortably close to the lower A/C lines. Because, yes, I still have A/C installed.

Has anyone completed an install of the Fabman cooling system on a S197 that still has functioning AC? Have any pics? I am mocking up options for the passenger side, there isn't an issue on the driver side intake mount.
For a moment after reading the title, I thought this was going to be discussing cooling the air to the brakes with the AC in a similar vane to the Dodge Hellcat using AC to cool the intake air charge. Lol. Carry on. I have nothing further to add. Hope you find a solution.

Are you using the Fab-man backing plates only, or his facia intakes as well? I did this with the FR500S facia on my 2006 by slicing the hoses and fitting the over the AC lines and sealing it up with duct tape. (Oh god, not duct tape on a racing car…)

Didn’t affect the cooling on the right side, but I eventually took the AC off anyway.

I looked, but couldn’t find the picture.

Are you using the Fab-man backing plates only, or his facia intakes as well? I did this with the FR500S facia on my 2006 by slicing the hoses and fitting the over the AC lines and sealing it up with duct tape. (Oh god, not duct tape on a racing car…)

Didn’t affect the cooling on the right side, but I eventually took the AC off anyway.

I looked, but couldn’t find the picture.

Yeah, both of his plates. Was looking again tonight, thats a very reasonable way to resolve.....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel