• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Enter the Boss...new member...possible convert seeks advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotstart302 said:
Hey fellas, Just happened to stop in and see whats up. I don't get on here much since I got my boss, but I keep seeing people waiting so long for their cars. I mentioned the last time I was on here about an available red new 13 at a local dealer at or below msrp. It was number 0917. I think it is still there, but now I'm seeing at least 3 dealers within 5 miles of me here in Louisville that are showing 2013 bosses at msrp. a red, green, and white. No body seems interested. If any one is just do a zip code search of 40219 and 40229 under "new ford vehicles".

Come on X-plan and 0% financing... ;D

302BOB

Epic Contributor
PJ, For your sake I hope they become available...that would lower the monthly payment a bit.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Credit unions are now advertising rates below 2%. Close enough to zero percent. (gotta be a LITTLE flexible to realize your dream right now, not 6 months from now...)

...now it is just finding a selling price close to x-plan...

...almost there!

302BOB said:
PJ, For your sake I hope they become available...that would lower the monthly payment a bit.

Thanks. Even with that I would have think hard about it. I went back to school and I have a lot of student loans kicking in next year. Resetting the payment clock on a car would not be a good move. I justified my last trade since I went from 7% to 0% interest on this one and only extended my term 2 1/2 years with full maintenance and extended warranty included.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Alright boys...car is ordered. Thanks for all of the help! Cali, would love to give your Boss a spin if you have time this week.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Boostd4 said:
Alright boys...car is ordered. Thanks for all of the help! Cali, would love to give your Boss a spin if you have time this week.

Congrats! ...and Welcome. Be sure to post up pics when she comes in. And I hope the wait doesn't kill you. :D

I was just going to add comments about how I have never seen a single car draw more drivers from other brands than the Boss. BMW, Porshce, Subaru, Mitsu and so many more...it's hard to believe they're all switching to Ford! It really is a driver's car.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
Grant 302 said:
Boostd4 said:

Congrats! ...and Welcome. Be sure to post up pics when she comes in. And I hope the wait doesn't kill you. :D

I was just going to add comments about how I have never seen a single car draw more drivers from other brands than the Boss. BMW, Porshce, Subaru, Mitsu and so many more...it's hard to believe they're all switching to Ford! It really is a driver's car.

Yeah, can't wait. They had a SBY LC sitting at the dealer I ordered mine from...would not budge on the $10K markup. But, they were able to get me the car I ordered at MSRP...go figure.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
...hmmmm...

Interesting about ordering a car at MSRP.

Sounds like a chess game going on here.

Follow up with them soon-you might be an owner sooner then later-you never know!

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
four-walling said:
...hmmmm...

Follow up with them soon-you might be an owner sooner then later-you never know!

I'm expecting to get a phone call anytime..."Oh Hey, we got permission to sell this LS at MSRP...c'mon in"

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Boostd4 said:
four-walling said:
...hmmmm...

I'm expecting to get a phone call anytime..."Oh Hey, we got permission to sell this LS at MSRP...c'mon in"

The sales manager is going to make a commission no matter who buys the Boss.

The salesperson is only going to make a commission if he (or she) sells it. Therefore, the salesperson is your best ally.

Let the salesperson know they will be taken care of, if they can close a deal for you with the sales manager.

There too many people with a little extra cash burning a hole in their pocket who may jump in and buy the car out from underneath you...

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
four-walling said:
Boostd4 said:
four-walling said:
...hmmmm...

The sales manager is going to make a commission no matter who buys the Boss.

The salesperson is only going to make a commission if he (or she) sells it. Therefore, the salesperson is your best ally.

Let the salesperson know they will be taken care of, if they can close a deal for you with the sales manager.

There too many people with a little extra cash burning a hole in their pocket who may jump in and buy the car out from underneath you...

No salesman involved...dealing directly with the manager ;).

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
...that is a bummer...

It takes more coin to motivate a sales manager then a salesperson...assuming that even makes a difference in this case.

Looks like it might be time to schmooze if you really want it now...

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
four-walling said:
...that is a bummer...

It takes more coin to motivate a sales manager then a salesperson...assuming that even makes a difference in this case.

Looks like it might be time to schmooze if you really want it now...

Honestly, I'm in no rush so I'm ok with waiting (getting a base Boss btw, probably should have mentioned that before) since I wanted a white one. The LS that is there is just nice because...it's now instead of October.

Boostd4 said:

This week is bad, the Boss gets buried in the back of my bro's garage so I can take the track car home to try to fix the tranny before Friday. Next week works.

Did you sit in the LS? The Recaro/Torsen package is a good deal for the content, if you like the seats and are planning on tracking it. The head rests push forward too far with a helmet imo, but they are really nice without one.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
CaliMR said:
Boostd4 said:

This week is bad, the Boss gets buried in the back of my bro's garage so I can take the track car home to try to fix the tranny before Friday. Next week works.

Did you sit in the LS? The Recaro/Torsen package is a good deal for the content, if you like the seats and are planning on tracking it. The head rests push forward too far with a helmet imo, but they are really nice without one.

Yeah no worries, whenever you have time. ;D

I sat in the LS (against their wishes, I still don't understand why) and loved the Recaros. Definitely hold better than the base seats for sure. Definitely plan to do Thunder Hill and Sonoma (maybe dash in some Buttonwillow) as well as autox. Basically the only options you can really get are either the LS package or the Recaro/LSD package. I went for the latter since I can probably get the trans scoop and brake ducts a little cheaper online. Plus I wanted the option of having the rear seat.

Ah ok, I thought you mean base as in no option.

The scoop and ducts are essential before tracking it, the 13 ducts are kind of pricy but otherwise you will melt your pads. There are various threads here on pad selection too. Another thing to look at is a CG Lock or similar product, helps a lot. Not nearly as good as a 6 point, but way better than not having one.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Boostd4 said:
Definitely plan to do Thunder Hill and Sonoma (maybe dash in some Buttonwillow) as well as autox.
Here's one to consider. Click on registration list to see who's signed up. Should be an interesting group.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/4924E405-E37C-39BF-D8796DB566114B0D

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
5 DOT 0 said:
Boostd4 said:
Definitely plan to do Thunder Hill and Sonoma (maybe dash in some Buttonwillow) as well as autox.
Here's one to consider. Click on registration list to see who's signed up. Should be an interesting group.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/4924E405-E37C-39BF-D8796DB566114B0D

Oct 26th? Haha awesome, from showroom to race track :D. Means I gotta break it in ASAP.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel