The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FS:GT350 OEM Calipers, Front/Rear, <500 miles. -SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As the title says, I swapped out my calipers with <500 miles in favor of the red R calipers.

So if you want a spare set, want to get these powder coated, or want to try to fabricate brackets for a non-GT350 here is a way to save a few hundred bucks. Full tilt boogie has a full S550 package now, not sure if they can hookup just the brackets.

$700 shipped, $650 picked up locally in the tri-valley or south bay. SOLD

SJHThpD.jpg
Z2z9pax.jpg
RmsTYjM.jpg

Re: FS:GT350 OEM Calipers, Front/Rear, <500 miles.

I dont think they are direct bolt on for the S550 (esp the radial mount front). No idea about the S197. Here is the S550 conversion kit . As with most mustang stuff, if there is a will, there is a way!

http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/2015_S550_Brake_parts.htm

Flyboygsxr said:
I saw a post saying the calipers could bolt up the S550...will they bolt up to the S197?
No and no. The mount is completely different.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az

VoodooBOSS said:
No and no. The mount is completely different.

not with an attitude like that :) :p

The issue will be rotor use and offset, and having to have someone fabricate/build a bolt-through to radial mount bracket specific to that setup. I've looked into it a bit, but wheel clearance is the biggest issue for a setup like that. Demands 19's

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: FS:GT350 OEM Calipers, Front/Rear, &lt;500 miles.

Ok if you really want to do it here is a possible way. First if the Full Tilt Boogie spindle adapters work for the S550 it will bolt to the S197. Second question is if the hat height is the same between S550 15" and 15.4" GT350 rotors. If they are then continue, if not it gets more complicated. Let's say they are the same (Nick if you would, measure one of yours, I can check my 15") then a Girodisc 15.4" rotor ring for a GT 350 could possibly be bolted to a Girodisc S197 15" rotor hat and you would have aligned calipers and rotors on the S197. At least the fronts. Hope to figure out the thicker rotor/larger pad rear calipers from the S550 mounting on the S197 rear axle, that would be a desirable upgrade too. Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any takers at $600 picked up/$650 shipped?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel