The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

got tired of the mushy pedal on my gt500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So , on the advice of a friend, I picked up one of these...what a remarkable difference, when they say it brings back the "cable" feel, they are right, very happy with it and JMS as a whole (that's where my blower came from on my 99)

http://www.jmschip.com/pedalmax-enhance-low-and-mid-range-torque/

so your saying it well worth the $279.00. It makes that much difference??
Always looking for better mods than a tune.
You hold a high standard here and I value your comments.

So when you un plug it. your car returns to normal?

superhero said:
so your saying it well worth the $279.00. It makes that much difference??
Always looking for better mods than a tune.
You hold a high standard here and I value your comments.

So when you un plug it. your car returns to normal?

Thanks for the compliment, I try to be as straightforward as possible. To me, yes it was worth the money, I'm old school and prefer the mechanical linkage to the carb..errr throttle body (j/k). The factory arrangement always seemed.."vague" I guess you could say. This part plugs in, held in place with zip ties and revalues the info from the throttle pedal to the throttle body. Does it add more horsepower and torque? I don't see how it could but it probably rearranges it better, so it has more of a linkage "feel".
I would do it again in a minute.
If there was a downside, and I called JMS on this, it was that the part that plugs into the pedal switch doesn't have the "fail safe will never come out" plug on it like the factory plug does. This was remedied by a strategically located zip tie but at $279 I think it should come with the identical factory style plug.

Very interesting product.

Rob - is your GT500 tuned? The reason I ask is that my Boss has an AED tune and the throttle is VERY direct. Drove it home today after reading your thread looking for signs of delay or hesitation and didn't get any at any rev (it doesn't hurt that I have lightweight driveshaft, alloy flywheel, and lighter wheels/tires).

But . . . if that module makes it even better, I might be interested.

Thank you for posting this.

John

Yes mine does have a tune, when I bought it, it had a cat back, and a metco pulley and intake, it was also tuned at Paul's performance, all the work was done there.

and yes, when you unplug it , the car goes back to normal or..you can buy the one with an adjuster knob so you can tune the "feel" of the unit.

TMO Supporting Vendors