The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oh man this is awesome. I was at MMP in August and asked the crew if this was going to be a possibility...they said probably, but didn't hear anything official. I want to be there for sure and just signed up for the newsletter. This would be my 3rd time there and what a great facility. My intent in August was to get in one more track school in before the track was sold...and here we are with the latest news. I will send the info once I actually receive the car and there is also a chance I might be out of the country for sometime. Not sure yet.

Bunkie726 said:
Oh man that would be so great if this happens. As just a novice driver I have to admit I had one of the best days of my life at the Boss track attack in 2012. The instructors were great, the scenery spectacular, and the comraderie fantastic. I took my best friend whom I've known since the first grade and we had the time of our lives. My son is now old enough to go and I'm just flat out stoked for this to go down. I really hope Ford Performance pulls this off!

Glad to hear you had such a great time! I can't wait to give this program a spin given my novice experience.

Looks like the website was recently updated with the NATT video from Sebring and a statement that registration will begin in early Feb with track dates starting in April. Get on the newsletter list and crank this puppy up!

8)

"The Shelby GT350 Track Attack experience will open for registration in early February, with classes starting in early April. "

Bunkie726 said:
Oh man that would be so great if this happens. As just a novice driver I have to admit I had one of the best days of my life at the Boss track attack in 2012. The instructors were great, the scenery spectacular, and the comraderie fantastic. I took my best friend whom I've known since the first grade and we had the time of our lives. My son is now old enough to go and I'm just flat out stoked for this to go down. I really hope Ford Performance pulls this off!

I took my son to the Boss Track Attack in April of 2013, 2 months after I bought my first Boss. I actually had to teach him to drive stick in my brand new Boss!!! The trip was his high school graduation present. It was a trip of a lifetime for us. You'll have a great time with your son I'm sure. Enjoy

Re: GT350 Track Attack Program **Update**

I talked with Bill Rhinehart today and the UMC staff will be back on Monday February 1st getting the track back open. It will take them a few days to have everything functional and they could start scheduling TA dates within a week. It will basically be the same program as before with a one day driving school in a GT350 with optional days in other cars. You may bring a guest and they are able to use their fleet of 2015 Mustang GT's for the class. Transportation to and from the track and any lodging is up to the attendees. Let me know if you have any questions.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Just the logistical one of will that list of people you gathered be automatically submitted for us when the time comes or do we need to be calling them up as soon as its publicly announced to ensure our own spots?

mattlqx said:
Just the logistical one of will that list of people you gathered be automatically submitted for us when the time comes or do we need to be calling them up as soon as its publicly announced to ensure our own spots?

I am curious about this also? Thanks for keeping us updated.

The dates are posted along with the phone number so call and make your reservations. I believe there are still a couple spots left for TMO members during the first program. Make sure you tell them you are a TMO member.

http://gt350trackattack.com/

More details:

There will be a dinner at the track the night before the event. Unfortunately the Miller museum has been put in storage so you will not be able to check out the fabulous collection of GT 40's. :-X

You may bring your own helmet and Hans device. They also have Hans available for rent.

They have all driving gear so you do not need to bring your gear if you do not want to haul it out there.

Reserve for April or May

April 3-4 ** Reserved for TMO members.
April 4-5 *
April 5-6
April 9-10
April 10-11 *
April 11-12
April 12-13 *
April 25-26
April 26-27 *

May 1-2 *
May 2-3 *