The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Hail Mary Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Aledo, Texas
Just a quick photo dump, car is still disassembled getting the rear brakes, rear shocks, and rear brake lines wrapped up.
I took it on a quick run to get gas for the first time since installing the engine, successfully made it back and has fresh gas in the tank to dilute the old gas.
I was happy with the feeling of the front end with the Bilstines but certainly did not push the car hard.
I may have to do something about the spongy brake pedal due to the s550 six piston fronts, I have quite bit more travel than I expected. Possibly bleed the system again as I quickly pressure bled it.

I’m sure the powerstop pads aren’t doing me any favors either.

IMG_8441.jpeg

IMG_8440.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

IMG_8444.jpeg

IMG_8443.jpeg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Aledo, Texas
Welp, the CDF bushing moved in my 10r F150 so the mustang gets to be a daily driver for a week while I wait for the Hub to come off back order for the F150.

I got the rear shocks installed, relocated the rear calipers with the sve brackets, installed powerstop z17 pads on the rear. Installed the stainless rear brake lines. While working on the rear suspension noticed the upper control arm bushings are hammered and will need to be addressed. Axle vent is seeping will likely just extend hose upward until a catch can becomes necessary.

Bled brakes with BG fluid, mostly as it’s my least expensive option and wanted to get the 13 year old stuff out of the lines. Went for a a drive to bed in the pads and was pleasantly surprised. Much of the initial travel I felt is no longer there. While the pedal does have more travel it is not unnerving.

Performed alignment and set camber to -1.4 in some hope of avoiding excessive tire wear. 0 toe and 7.0 of caster. I can’t say I’m thrilled with the J&M c&c plates as adjustments are somewhat crude with no markings on the plates of position of the strut.

Stopped for a car wash on the way home at the scrub n’ scuff to make the hail dents really stand out.IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_8478.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel