The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

hoosier dot wets and nannies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
so its supposed to rain this weekend at road Atlanta. 1st race on the new car (the test day went pretty well) and will be wet. question is in the dry we unplug the dyne plug thing and turn all the nannies off. has anyone raced in full wet conditions with the nannies on? trying to get opinions on running with the plug plugged in or not in the wet. Don't want to waste a session testing the theory if I don't have to.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
so its supposed to rain this weekend at road Atlanta. 1st race on the new car (the test day went pretty well) and will be wet. question is in the dry we unplug the dyne plug thing and turn all the nannies off. has anyone raced in full wet conditions with the nannies on? trying to get opinions on running with the plug plugged in or not in the wet. Don't want to waste a session testing the theory if I don't have to.
Attention @Fabman
Attention @blacksheep-1
Attention @Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Not much help as I have never run in full wet with any nannies on, and with most of my cars on track I didn't have any anyway. Now Hoosier wets are like having rubber nannies ( er, maybe I should rephrase that, ha ) and they blow through water like a dolphin in heat!!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
I've run the hoosier full radial wets (non-dot) on another car I run so I know they are like glue in the wet. I didn't think the stock nannies would be better than my feet but was just curious.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I'd use the nannies with the wets, also, you will want to stay out of the groove. The groove is polished, there is still some roughness outside of the line that will bleed the water off.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Marietta GA
I ran this past weekend at road Atlanta in the rain on sat for the race. Not monsoon rain but wet enough for h2o wets. ran with no nannies and wasn't bad - car was sprung a bit stiff so turn in sucked. I have over 10,000 laps at road Atlanta so I know all the wet/dry lines. Next rain session ill try with the nannies on. will have the spring rates fixed for vir in a couple of weeks.

TMO Supporting Vendors