The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Re: Member Introductions

four-walling said:
You are welcome-now what do you do with an Agronomy degree?

well...TYPICALLY sales or as a consultant OR go on to get your CCA (certified Crop Advisor) license. Now go figure the semester AFTER I graduate ISU offers a course geared toward getting your CCA and passing that nearly impossible test. As far as sales/consultant goes...in sales your typically looking at selling soybeans or corn are the 2 big ones in Illinois Iowa Indian etc...Personally I found selling seed difficult for me to justify as the major companies (I will not name any cuz I am employed by one) pretty well all use very similar genetics making it hard to "prove" your product is the better product UNLIKE cars. Sure there are some genetics that are under protection of a patent some genetics are found that when placed on a different carrier for the gene to be expressed the yield increases. not becaue the gene or overall makeup is "better" than the other just placed in a better spot on the plant that does't interfere with say pod development....if I get carried away I apologize its not often someone asks questions. on the consultation side is where I actually started. THAT was a side more easily argued. VRT or variable rate technology and/or application saves the farmer money. easy example. for corn nitrogen is a nutrient that is heavily depleted and usually needs to be applied every season in the form of anhydrous ammonia (NH3) aka the big white tanks you see if you live near rural america getting towed around by tractor and truck alike. anywho depending on soil composition and high/low areas in fields the overall depletion of NH3 or nitrogen in your field is different. at the price of anhydrous its cost effective to apply it where its needed instead of broadcasting it over all the field at the same rate say 100lbs/acre. INSTEAD soil testing and mapping can create what i call zones and zone A may only need 50lbs while B needs 150. in theory if you spread 100 over the whole field A has way more than it needs and B is lacking....I hope I didn't lose you especially since I kinda got excited and ran off on a rabbit trail.

Member Introductions

New member and new owner, here. Have really enjoyed the threads and if course the pics.

As a used Boss buyer, it was SO cool for some owners to document their BTA experiences and even some videos. If I can't find a way there, I can get some idea of the experience and what my car's potential is through those efforts. REALLY appreciate that.

Found my car on AutoTrader and worked long distance with a great salesman. It was quite the project and nerve-wracking at times. but so worth the effort.

It's a 2012 YB. Wanted the 2012 look, and the YB color. But what made me have to have it was the test drive. What a terrific car.

I'll have some pics in my profile or the other recommended new member link. With the Boss' though (is it me, or do they all look the same?), nods go to best photographer or scenery which won't apply to mine!

Thanks to all who spend a lot more time than I to make the forum so helpful and fun.

First post here! I'm new to the BOSS - purchased a white one last week #3293. It's a good feeling to have when you're out and about driving and you know there is a 3% chance or less you will see a BOSS like yours. Loving the exclusivity and the head turns. Kind of freaked out that the most current MP numbers for the performance white are 666 according to one of the threads I read in here. Let's build a couple more FORD so we aren't cursed! ha!

I can't get over how different this car is from my 2011 5.0. It's a different game all together. FORD sneaked in a couple of surprises that made me feel like a four-year old at Christmas. The hill-assist freaked me out the first time I was on a hill. I thought the parking break was on and didn't know what to do - even the visor clip-ons for my sunglasses that came in the glove box made me appreciate this whole buying experience better than any car I've owned. I know these are small idiosyncrasies, but it's the thought and execution that counts to me.

I'm happy to be here learning more and more every day. I plan to put my old car's rims (black Forgestar F14's 20") on the car this Friday while getting the track key but I'm really attached to the 19" stock rims. I think they look amazing....but would look even better if the car was dropped 1.5" - which I'm thinking of doing. Anyway, here's a pic I took from the Caffeine and Octane car show I attended this past Sunday. I'm from Atlanta so if there are any other Atlanta BOSS owners, make yourselves known!! OK, going to take her out again for a cruise. :)

Can't figure out how to post a pic yet....any help with this? Sorry!

yankeehick said:
Can't figure out how to post a pic yet....any help with this? Sorry!

You can use a site like Photobucket to upload and host your pictures then copy the link for the picture with the direct image tag. It will look like: "(img] http://....... (/img)".

Hello everyone.

I am a proud owner of a 2013 performance white Boss 302. This is both my first mustang and my first Ford product. I bought my Boss through the exchange car sales and took delivery in Aug 12. I only got to drive it for about one week before I had to park it, untill my next leave from oversees. When im not working oversees I reside in Florida. My other vehicle is my mud truck, a 95 tahoe Z71 2 door. It has a Fabtech 6'' lift, 35's and a few other goodies. What made me buy this car over others was the styling, handling, and performance for the money. I couldnt find a better deal with any other American manufacturer. And although I grew up in a Chevy household, I am sold on this car after only driving it 500 miles.

I guess its my turn. Since Paul is the reigning king of long stories, I don't feel embarrassed to tell my long-winded story now. So, I'm 34, married, two children under 4, love it! I'm a veteran of the Navy, and a firefighter. She has a great job as an engineer, but has little to no appreciation for the material goods, which is nice especially when shopping for an engagement ring, and that means she cares little for cars. But.... she understands she married a 34 year old who still plays with cars. So, upon moving to our home in Michigan, I had little to do not knowing anyone or knowing what I liked about Michigan, she suggested I buy a beat up Mustang, (she knew I liked Mustangs) and fixer up. Ooooopss! I bought a 90 LX almost the next day, but it was a dumb purchase, as I knew NOTHING about fixing up cars. It was too far gone for my incapable hands. Parted that one out basically. Then, my neighbor, who is nearly a MASTER of all trades, seriously, and also likes Stangs, led me to a 95 vert, with the Shinoda Boss package on it. No documentation, CARFAX report came back as a "3", transmission resting in the trunk, but I had already acquired a TKO 600 for it. Started to spiff it up, doing most of the work with my own hands, with my neighbor's guidance. Anyway, ended up with a pretty nice car, updated interior, new top, new "me too" bullitt style wheels, 351W, AFR heads, Vic Jr intake, and put down 389 RWHP and IIRC 357 RWTQ. Went Risque with the paint job, flat black with grabber blue racing stripe. But, that body style was always too Probe for me as I had always loved the Fox and 60's Stangs. I also seemed to grind my teeth every time I drove it, because I built it, was worried that pushing too hard or hitting a bump would break her.
Anyway, as I was becoming a Stang head, my mom had told me about her cousin's 70 Grabber Blue Boss and what an amazing car it was. Just the story of it was enough to have me hooked. When the 2010 body style came out, I would stare like a 14 y/o who snuck in to the AVN award festivities. But, I still thought it was a shame that what once was 5.0 was still 4.6. But I was ignorant of modulars all together. Then the 5.0 came!!!! Hallelujah! Jesus built my Hotrod! So I started poking my wife around early 2010 about looking at 2014, for a 50th Anniversary car, whatever it may be. Just that at 50 years, it has to be EPIC. Folks, that didn't last long, when I heard the announcement, and saw the teaser of the Boss coming back. Again, HALLELUJAH! I knew what it meant, but I also feared it was going to be unattainable. So, now comes the conversation with my wife,
"Honey, I really like the new Mustangs, but I am fearful of the direction they are about to take. I love the retro look, the 5.0 and the V8 muscle car era may be coming to a close. I would really like to have a new car, that I don't have to worry about, that I can take the kids for long road trips without worries." Then she asks, "well, how much is a new one with a v8?" "Well, you see honey, I can probably get a v8 without any creature comforts for low 30's. I don't need power anything, as long as I have v8 rumble and performance. " (still thinking a Boss is way out of the question). Well, she says, "I think you should get what you want and don't F*** with it!" LOL, I just about jumped out from between the sheets! "I want a Boss 302!" (if you missed the implication of how I got her warmed up to it, don't worry about it, move on...) So she asks to see some pictures, so I whip out the phone and bring them up. She really got me with, "I think you should get the blue one." Right then I went limp. Blue! Seriously, Blue! Of course a woman would want blue. "But, honey, I say, check out Competition Orange, or Yellow Blaze, those are HOT colors!" "Whatever, she says, its your car, get what you want"
Well, for whatever reason, I started looking at Kona Blue. Darn women, just experts at manipulation. No offense intended, ladies. But the more I looked at Kona, the more I fell in love.

So, to make a long story less long, I planned on waiting until May of this year to buy one while I save and sell the 95. But, I quickly found my Kona Blue on Ebay, in Florida, with 156 miles on the clock. Babied all the way, supposedly. So, I thought, skip some of the mark-ups, etc, save a little from sticker and transport it back to Michigan. I spoke with the nice gentleman about this horse and had him hold it while I arranged financing, airfare and a transport. When I flew down there, I met another Mustang afficionado. The seller works for Source Interlink Media, who prints nearly all the Mustang rags and Hot Rod, etc. Has had a long list of Mustangs in the past, truly appreciated what the New Boss is to the Old Boss. As a matter interesting fact, is close friends and has a long history with Donald Farr, who you will find is the author of our owners package hardback, editor of Mustang Monthly and several other Mustang achievements. So, the seller offered to have Donald sign the owner's package book for my family and got a couple pictures of Donald with it. So, in a way, I kinda feel like my car was blessed by the Mustang Pope. He was also gracious enough to ensure that my car made it on the transport okay, as I was forced back into the air and back to work before the transport arrived. NERVOUS!! :eek:
Since then, I've been to the drag strip a couple of times, registered her at Mustang Alley for the Woodward Dream Cruise, my kids LOVE it, my wife doesn't hate it, and I just can't wait till the salt gets washed away so I can be a kid again.

imagejpeg9522o.jpg

imagejpeg952z.jpg

BOSS343 said:
13FLBoss.....glad to hear you have turned or will turn from the dark side.

This is such a great forum.

I wont be getting rid of my mud truck anytime soon.....but I HIGHLY doubt I will buy another Govt Motors car again

BOSS343

Theory of 1

max5ive0 said:
I guess its my turn. Since Paul is the reigning king of long stories, I don't feel embarrassed to tell my long-winded story now. So, I'm 34, married, two children under 4, love it! I'm a veteran of the Navy, and a firefighter. She has a great job as an engineer, but has little to no appreciation for the material goods, which is nice especially when shopping for an engagement ring, and that means she cares little for cars. But.... she understands she married a 34 year old who still plays with cars. So, upon moving to our home in Michigan, I had little to do not knowing anyone or knowing what I liked about Michigan, she suggested I buy a beat up Mustang, (she knew I liked Mustangs) and fixer up. Ooooopss! I bought a 90 LX almost the next day, but it was a dumb purchase, as I knew NOTHING about fixing up cars. It was too far gone for my incapable hands. Parted that one out basically. Then, my neighbor, who is nearly a MASTER of all trades, seriously, and also likes Stangs, led me to a 95 vert, with the Shinoda Boss package on it. No documentation, CARFAX report came back as a "3", transmission resting in the trunk, but I had already acquired a TKO 600 for it. Started to spiff it up, doing most of the work with my own hands, with my neighbor's guidance. Anyway, ended up with a pretty nice car, updated interior, new top, new "me too" bullitt style wheels, 351W, AFR heads, Vic Jr intake, and put down 389 RWHP and IIRC 357 RWTQ. Went Risque with the paint job, flat black with grabber blue racing stripe. But, that body style was always too Probe for me as I had always loved the Fox and 60's Stangs. I also seemed to grind my teeth every time I drove it, because I built it, was worried that pushing too hard or hitting a bump would break her.
Anyway, as I was becoming a Stang head, my mom had told me about her cousin's 70 Grabber Blue Boss and what an amazing car it was. Just the story of it was enough to have me hooked. When the 2010 body style came out, I would stare like a 14 y/o who snuck in to the AVN award festivities. But, I still thought it was a shame that what once was 5.0 was still 4.6. But I was ignorant of modulars all together. Then the 5.0 came!!!! Hallelujah! Jesus built my Hotrod! So I started poking my wife around early 2010 about looking at 2014, for a 50th Anniversary car, whatever it may be. Just that at 50 years, it has to be EPIC. Folks, that didn't last long, when I heard the announcement, and saw the teaser of the Boss coming back. Again, HALLELUJAH! I knew what it meant, but I also feared it was going to be unattainable. So, now comes the conversation with my wife,
"Honey, I really like the new Mustangs, but I am fearful of the direction they are about to take. I love the retro look, the 5.0 and the V8 muscle car era may be coming to a close. I would really like to have a new car, that I don't have to worry about, that I can take the kids for long road trips without worries." Then she asks, "well, how much is a new one with a v8?" "Well, you see honey, I can probably get a v8 without any creature comforts for low 30's. I don't need power anything, as long as I have v8 rumble and performance. " (still thinking a Boss is way out of the question). Well, she says, "I think you should get what you want and don't F*** with it!" LOL, I just about jumped out from between the sheets! "I want a Boss 302!" (if you missed the implication of how I got her warmed up to it, don't worry about it, move on...) So she asks to see some pictures, so I whip out the phone and bring them up. She really got me with, "I think you should get the blue one." Right then I went limp. Blue! Seriously, Blue! Of course a woman would want blue. "But, honey, I say, check out Competition Orange, or Yellow Blaze, those are HOT colors!" "Whatever, she says, its your car, get what you want"
Well, for whatever reason, I started looking at Kona Blue. Darn women, just experts at manipulation. No offense intended, ladies. But the more I looked at Kona, the more I fell in love.

So, to make a long story less long, I planned on waiting until May of this year to buy one while I save and sell the 95. But, I quickly found my Kona Blue on Ebay, in Florida, with 156 miles on the clock. Babied all the way, supposedly. So, I thought, skip some of the mark-ups, etc, save a little from sticker and transport it back to Michigan. I spoke with the nice gentleman about this horse and had him hold it while I arranged financing, airfare and a transport. When I flew down there, I met another Mustang afficionado. The seller works for Source Interlink Media, who prints nearly all the Mustang rags and Hot Rod, etc. Has had a long list of Mustangs in the past, truly appreciated what the New Boss is to the Old Boss. As a matter interesting fact, is close friends and has a long history with Donald Farr, who you will find is the author of our owners package hardback, editor of Mustang Monthly and several other Mustang achievements. So, the seller offered to have Donald sign the owner's package book for my family and got a couple pictures of Donald with it. So, in a way, I kinda feel like my car was blessed by the Mustang Pope. He was also gracious enough to ensure that my car made it on the transport okay, as I was forced back into the air and back to work before the transport arrived. NERVOUS!! :eek:
Since then, I've been to the drag strip a couple of times, registered her at Mustang Alley for the Woodward Dream Cruise, my kids LOVE it, my wife doesn't hate it, and I just can't wait till the salt gets washed away so I can be a kid again.

imagejpeg9522o.jpg

imagejpeg952z.jpg

Where you located?

BOSS343

Theory of 1

max5ive0 said:
Northern burbs of Detroit

Thats too bad. when you mentioned salt I was hoping for an illinois resident. saw a kona blue at Byron raceway last august i think...or september. hoped it was you....so much for that. nice story btw!!...and nice job trying to steal my thunder of long windedness haha

Member Introductions

Well, come on over for the Dream Cruise, you at least have to try and do the Mustang Alley events. And I honestly had no wish to take your crown, ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors