• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Members in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas keep us posted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
I may be in an area with a high threat of Tornadoes , but I can not imagine the devastation of jet force winds, storm surge, and the deluge of rain that could last for days? Please know many of your fellow TMO Forum members have you safety in their thoughts and we hope you will use this Forum , or the TMO Facebook site , to keep us aware that you are in a safe spot? Some of you may just call your friends in other parts of the US, but do let us know how you are doing in the coming days ( as best you can) as Dorian looks to be as dangerous as any Hurricane we have seen in the last few decades. Take care, head North if you can , and God Bless!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
If there are members in the storm path with cars they needs to store out of harms way. Send me a message. I will find a few thousand feet of storage in our warehouse in central MS just off interstate 59

VoodooBoss

Rick
Be safe out there. I survived Hurricane Rita in 2005 but where I was at in South Beach didn't take a direct hit. For a CA native it was fun seeing palm trees with 90 degrees in them.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
This storm is no joke!Everyone in it's path is in serious peril!....Again, my prayers are for everyone down south!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on the west coast of Florida... no longer expecting much of anything but rain. Maybe a tornado or so but these are 'little" tornadoes, not like the town-wreckers you see in Oklahoma.

My house is concrete block and hardened with impact glass (think-double glazed car windshield!) hurricane rated doors and roof straps. Garage included! I wouldn't even leave home for a Cat 3 unless the storm surge was over 12 feet or so.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and all. Hope all the east-coasters fare well!

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Latest track has the now cat 5 hurricane Dorian missing Florida, but dropping a lot of rain and wind there. The Carolinas may get clipped later this week.

Last edited:

302BOB

Epic Contributor
I feel guilty.....enjoying a nice sunny day this Sunday here in CT with temps getting to the low 80's with low humidity....First day of September!!!!!

302BOB

Epic Contributor
Watched the news at 6....Dorian stalled 100 miles off Florida...Bahamas are a MESS......Will move north/east hugging the coast and may clip North Carolina late Thursday as a Cat 1 storm. After that a ridge of high pressure should move it further out to sea and into Canada.

302BOB

Epic Contributor
We have a law against hurricanes moving into Canada
Dorian found a loophole...She will most likely be downgraded to a tropical storm or depression by the tyme she reaches Canada.....that law still stands....Did it ever get broken thru the years??

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Well the law is broken, and Hurricane Dorian will likely hit the Maritime provinces?! Good luck and safe passage hoped for Domestic Power and this Hurricane will go down as one of massive destruction and length of power?

Take care fellow North Americans and sure we have some folks in Mass., Rhode Island and Maine who are getting it now?

Hope Fastfordnut and Family are okay?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel