• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Picking control arms within the club spec rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_2106.jpeg

My car is on the original control arms front and rear. After pittrace I noticed my RF control arm bushing leaking, which surprised me as I didn’t realize they are hydraulic.
For the front:
are the ford racing gt500 arms worth doing over the stock ones?
Rear:
I read Billy Johnson’s thread on motoiq. I know my UCA is in sad shape, I’m assuming a ford replacement would be better than a Dorman or parts store. Is the steeda bushing in the rules worth doing for the axle side, or should I get an oem replacement?
Also, are the FP gt500 rears worth doing?

blacksheep-1

Epic Contributor
View attachment 95064

My car is on the original control arms front and rear. After pittrace I noticed my RF control arm bushing leaking, which surprised me as I didn’t realize they are hydraulic.
For the front:
are the ford racing gt500 arms worth doing over the stock ones?
Rear:
I read Billy Johnson’s thread on motoiq. I know my UCA is in sad shape, I’m assuming a ford replacement would be better than a Dorman or parts store. Is the steeda bushing in the rules worth doing for the axle side, or should I get an oem replacement?
Also, are the FP gt500 rears worth doing?
In PWC we ran the non adjustable Ford Performance lower trailing arms, the Gt500 upper link is the preferred one, but a standard Gt one will work fine.

In PWC we ran the non adjustable Ford Performance lower trailing arms, the Gt500 upper link is the preferred one, but a standard Gt one will work fine.

What’s the difference with the gt500 upper? Just a different bushing? I couldn’t really find anything when I was searching. I ran across one of your posts about it. Do you think I should just press another stock axle side bushing in or use the steeda once since it’s allowed?

blacksheep-1

Epic Contributor
What’s the difference with the gt500 upper? Just a different bushing? I couldn’t really find anything when I was searching. I ran across one of your posts about it. Do you think I should just press another stock axle side bushing in or use the steeda once since it’s allowed?
I think originally from the factory it was a different durometer, but they are hard to come by. I just use the stock Gt one in my track car, leave the bushings stock, but you can use urethane in the lower links, FR used urethane.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel