The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pricing and Order Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For reference:

Boss 302

* $40,995 = Boss 302 MSRP (including destination & delivery)
* $1,995 = Recaro Seats with Torsen Differential
* $475 = Boss 302 Accessory Package
* $495 = Yellow Blaze TriCoat Paint
* $35 = Engine Block Heater.

Boss 302 Laguna Seca

* $47,990 = Boss 302 Laguna Seca (including destination & delivery)
* $475 = Boss 302 Accessory Package
* $35 = Engine Block Heater

See attachment for the order guide

Attachments

• 2012MustangOrderGuide.pdf
    278.3 KB · Views: 416
$30K over for a LS. Not too shaby.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=2012+Mustang+Boss&_sacat=6001&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks&_odkw=2011+shelby+gt500&_osacat=6001&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

Dealers say Build it and they will come! ;D

1 BULLITT said:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=2012+Mustang+Boss&_sacat=6001&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks&_odkw=2011+shelby+gt500&_osacat=6001&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

That dealer has had problems with his ads. Earlier he said one of 250. He's changed that. Unless I missed it, now he says no additional options for the LS. I suppose with the 30k over the buyer won't get the Boss Car Cover or Floor Mats.

I have a copy of the order guide in pdf at home and will forward to Mark for posting this evening.

Vince said:
1 BULLITT said:

That dealer has had problems with his ads. Earlier he said one of 250. He's changed that. Unless I missed it, now he says no additional options for the LS. I suppose with the 30k over the buyer won't get the Boss Car Cover or Floor Mats.
I pray that nobody buys from this particular car. I hate greedy dealers.

I tried to buy a GT500 from that dealer once. I spoke to a sales rep and tagteamed with what I assume was the sales manager. Both were scum and worst, they had an attitude.

Dealers made lots of friends at the peak of the GT500...

??? ??? ???

... and history is about to repeat itself.

;D

Have not talked to any dealers yet. Could someone give me some advice on how to approach a dealer with an order. I have never bought a special order vehicle like this, and feel If not given some advise, ??? I will be taken to the cleaners.
I am mostly interested in the LS.
Thank You

Stef

GO FORD GO BLUE!

Hi Stef and welcome to Boss Mustangs Online. I'd start by emailing or calling your local dealers and ask them if they have Boss and LS allocations and if so for what quarter production are they. I'd also state you are looking for a car at MSRP. If they want to charge added dealer markup (ADM) I'm sure they will say so. For regular Boss cars there are plenty of dealers that will sell to you at MSRP but the LS cars are most likely going to command ADM. Where are you located?

Hi 5 DOT 0

Thanks for the welcome, Its good to be here and have another FORD related web site to be part of, since I'm a dyed in the wool, true blue FORD man.

I will start with your advice, sounds good. By the way I am very near Redlands, CA

Thanks again.

Stef

Welcome stef.

A few random thoughts:

Have you dealt with the same dealer every time? Dealers can trade amongst themselves to get their good customers exactly what they want.

Sometimes it comes down to networking - are you a member of any Ford car clubs? They will have connections and a huge source of help.

You'd be surprised how many times a small, out of the way, dealer comes up with a special allocation. Start making some calls.

With you living in California, I'm not sure how hard it is for you to clear the various legal hurdles in California if you locate a car in another state.

If you are not in a rush, then waiting will potentially secure lower priced deals. It's a safe bet that dealers that have secured more than one 2012 LS allocation will get allocations for the 2013. Maybe put your name in for a 2013 LS.

If you're looking for a Grabber Blue LS, head out now to Scottsdale with your fat checkbook in hand. Best of luck in outbidding Ron for that one ;)

I know it does and will vary, but for those of you who do have a VIN for your new Boss, how many days from when your order was entered to actually getting assigned a VIN? It has been 18 days for me and I predict another 10 at least.

larrygk said:
I know it does and will vary, but for those of you who do have a VIN for your new Boss, how many days from when your order was entered to actually getting assigned a VIN? It has been 18 days for me and I predict another 10 at least.

VIN's are usually assigned a couple of weeks before production. Determining a time between ordering and getting the VIN really depends upon your dealer's allocation. If your order happens to be your dealer's 1Q allocation, it will be be pretty quick, considering we are currently in the middle of the first quarter. However, if your order is the dealer's 4Q allocation, you could be waiting another 8-9 months for a VIN. If your dealer doesn't have an allocation, then you'll be waiting quite a long time to get a VIN.

Ask your dealer what the anticipated build quarter is for your vehicle. then work backwards from that.

Thanks Vince. Yes my dealer got an allocation of 4 and I was #4 which I assumed was for 2nd quarter but I will check. My order was placed on Feb 7th with a confirmed order number.

Absolutely have the locked MSRP. Wouldn't buy without it!
I have a 2nd qtr build.
What they are saying is VIN # should be assigned 6 to 8 weeks before the actual build week.
BTW I ordered the Race Red/Black trim/Recaro+Torsen. Will be interesting if options delay the build time at all. I should not think it would.

larrygk said:
I have a 2nd qtr build.
What they are saying is VIN # should be assigned 6 to 8 weeks before the actual build week.
BTW I ordered the Race Red/Black trim/Recaro+Torsen. Will be interesting if options delay the build time at all. I should not think it would.

fwiw, I got my VIN 4 weeks before the build week.

From what I remember, Ford updates their computer once a week, towards the end of the week, so new info is available to dealers late thursday/early Friday. Once you get your VIN, you can begin your Window Sticker watch. They usually show up a week or so before the build WEEK of your vehicle.

The closer you get to production, the slower the hands on the clock move. :)

Red's a terrific color :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
larrygk said:
I have a 2nd qtr build.

I ordered the same thing...looking forward to your pics! (Q4 build here :( )

TMO Supporting Vendors