• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Race Louvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Back to the original post. I have looked at these louvers for my car. Adding up the cost of a salvage yard hood, louvers, and paint work adds up to the cost of a Tiger hood not including paint.

Are louvers better than the Tiger hood??
I believe either on the AJ Hartman or Racelouvers website they test many hood louvers and a tiger hood in the wind tunnel. I don't have time to look it up now but perhaps @AJ Hartman or Al @ Racelouvers @302blown will chime in with a link.

I had only the cost of the vents and a jig saw blade to make these work in the original hood. Since this photo was taken I added a one inch wicker bill on the leading edge of the three vents.
DSC_8185-2.JPG

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Here we go:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel