The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock tire runs/ 12.3s!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
NFSBOSS said:
So you've once again confirmed the fastest color. ;D
What really kills me, is a GT beat me, his best for the day was 12.18@117
He was stock even shifter, but removed from sway bar, and had larger street tires out in back.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
I ended up taking 2nd place in street tire class for the 2013. I even missed the first race event and left early on the third event during the season5ahepuba.jpg
Third place that day, qualifying but 2nd overall
utu3ajyb.jpg

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
No
pufferfish said:
why was there such a difference in mph from your 110 trap speed trophy runs to this run?

nice job on the 60ft, by the way! 1.8's on street tires is not easy to do!
Great observation, the left lane and right lane at our track has approximately 7mph difference. The ETs are correct but the electronic eye is lazy on the other lane.
If I were to guess I'd say the correct mph is 115.The left lane is 2-3mph high and the right lane is too low.
We've even noticed that on some cars it doesn't effect at all, guess it has something to do with where the eye calculates.
my best 60ft is a 1.83 on street tires.
1.65 on MT ET Street Drag radials @18psi

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Here's the video of that run, the camera doesn't get my time, but gets the Paxton charged Bosses time which you can match to the time slip I posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkEtOjvTF-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

unrealford said:
Here's the video of that run, the camera doesn't get my time, but gets the Paxton charged Bosses time which you can match to the time slip I posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkEtOjvTF-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Awesome! Do you use LC and if so where do you typically set it?

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
dabossinne said:
Awesome! Do you use LC and if so where do you typically set it?
I've only used LC once, didn't like it. On street tires I run with stock Grey key. I try to hold the rpms at 2,100. Then I lightly let out clutch, I don't dump it.

TMO Supporting Vendors