The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GProcac571 said:
Ok, why can't I post a picture on here! Blast!

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/1510-first-drive-2016-shelby-gt350-and-gt350r-mustangs/photo-gallery/
Read post 3 below. You must use a photo hosting site and do not use the photo icon.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
treynor said:
You'll like this pic of the front, then.

[RL=http://s776.photobucket.com/user/btsloss/media/_E8Q2333.jpg.html]_E8Q2333.jpg [/URL]

gnarly.gif

For you R guys with kids, the back seat kit is now for sale.

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=25876

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Here is my take on the 350R from a combination of my rides and instructor hot laps at the Phoenix Track Tour event this week:

The 350R has excellent balance and turn-in response, and is extremely forgiving.

We were 4-5 seconds slower than my "302S" at a track I know well, but it's also 450 lbs heavier (two people) and not on fresh race tires. Only got one flying lap to work with and didn't really get to explore the limits (they asked us to use only 3rd gear). But overall I was impressed by the car. Much more grip available compared to tech pack/track pack tires/alignment.
I cannot stress "forgiving" enough as the instructor was braking at points where I would never touch the pedal but was able to recover with very minor inputs.

I think this will be an exceptionally capable car for those willing to find and push the limits.

VoodooBOSS said:
Wow the new Stingray Grand Sport is fast.

This got me thinking, what if Ford were to create a package that added all of the handling and performance goodies as a GT350R but with a stock power plant? Kind of like the Camaro 1LE? It could probably lead to its own club racing series........

BigTaco said:
This got me thinking, what if Ford were to create a package that added all of the handling and performance goodies as a GT350R but with a stock power plant? Kind of like the Camaro 1LE? It could probably lead to its own club racing series........
It might be called a GT350R-S. Coming soon to the Ford Performance parts catalog... ;) AFAIK there are no plans to build and sell a race car with the voodoo motor. A couple GT350R-C's were made by Multimatic. They still run one and the other is owned and raced by Compass 360.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I like the GT350. It is cool. I drove one this weekend. New Tech pack. Liked the car. Rev'd freely, very responsive steering, nice gear box but wasn't blown away. Boss had much more grunt and snap down low. The FPC was cool sounding but odd to my ear which is used to the classic American V8. Power was really on tap around 6000 rpm.

0-60 times show the Boss is as quick. Some wider wheels and tires and the track delta is significantly narrowed.

I still like the Boss better both as to its specialness owing to a number of factors including but not limited to dedicated special build assembly line, dedicated special build 302 powerplant, a first for Mustang adjustable performance dampers, real performance enhancements from exhaust, chasis X brace, Engine oil cooler, trans cooler scoop, brake cooling, Track Key, great Racaros, Torsen diff, GT500 Brembos, quad exhaust and functional aero aesthetics along with real Boss 302 parallel provenance. I'm convinced in 5 to 10 years it will be the sought after Mustang especially very nicely preseved Laguna Seca's (1500 limited build). They were "the high water mark" of the classic traditional Mustang before we saw IRS and FPC etc... The '12 Boss really put Mustang on the map with regard to road course performance with it besting the M3 and Audi R8 at Laguna Seca. Quite an achievement for a stick axle $50K car. Breathtaking really. It had everyone lining up for the Boss.

Lightning lap not a good barometer of comparative performance for many reasons. No constants and too many variables.

Laguna Seca lap times posted by Fast Laps much better barometer.

TMO Supporting Vendors