The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: The GT350R It Flies!

And looks hooked up too.

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
NFSBOSS said:
This has been posted before and Ford re-released this video today. Not sure why but I never tire of watching it. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3IX0jK1lew&feature=em-uploademail

Yes -- looks and sounds great..

The 350R is getting a lot of exercise with multiple videos at Grattan 8)

If I could order a 2016 GT350 in white with stripe delete and same vin as my 1966 GT350 stripe delete car the Boss would be for sale instantly........cool cars. Pretty sure the Boss is save though. haha

Some pics for the AM show yesterday. Notice the lack of R badging. I asked the rep about it and he said he didn't think the R was being badged any differently then the standard GT350 (I don't buy it...rep didn't seem like he knew too much about the car). I did like the fact the the tires were extremely worn. Someone was having a good time driving it, even though we were told it was against policy to let anyone sit in the car!

image.jpg18.png

image.jpg19.png

image.jpg20.png

image.jpg21.png

image.jpg7.png

image.jpg10.png

image.jpg9.png

image.jpg6.png

Austin
KBBOSS1086 said:
Some pics for the AM show yesterday. Notice the lack of R badging. I asked the rep about it and he said he didn't think the R was being badged any differently then the standard GT350 (I don't buy it...rep didn't seem like he knew too much about the car). I did like the fact the the tires were extremely worn. Someone was having a good time driving it, even though we were told it was against policy to let anyone sit in the car!

The red badges on the grill and tail light panel indicate an R (in addition to the red trim inside), the non-Rs get silver badges. What sort of other badging are you expecting to see?

ChopSui said:
The red badges on the grill and tail light panel indicate an R (in addition to the red trim inside), the non-Rs get silver badges. What sort of other badging are you expecting to see?

I thought I had seen pictures with a GT350R side badge on the front fenders. Now that I look at other pictures, I guess I was wrong. It would look good with a red R after GT350.

Austin
KBBOSS1086 said:
I thought I had seen pictures with a GT350R side badge on the front fenders. Now that I look at other pictures, I guess I was wrong. It would look good with a red R after GT350.

Yeah it would. I think I did see such a badge once but I'm pretty sure it was a speculative photoshop.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
VooDooBOSS said:
Without a doubt the best shot I've seen of any GT350 on track yet. From Ford's FB page. Looks like the bottom of the corkscrew at Laguna Seca.

FD%20GT350%2020.JPG

The "bottom" of The Corkscrew, for sure. Too bad they tilted the photo so it looks like it's flat. Should be pointing downward like a dive bomber if it were shot level :)

TMO Supporting Vendors