The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Third Quarter Boss Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just went and checked on my order (last check was 30 days ago) and as predicted there is no change. It is still unscheduled, material hold!

My contact still tells me the order is in but no timeframe as to when it will be pulled. The wait will go on! I was hoping for a VIN but that would have been a miracle.

suprmn said:
I just went and checked on my order (last check was 30 days ago) and as predicted there is no change. It is still unscheduled, material hold!

My contact still tells me the order is in but no timeframe as to when it will be pulled. The wait will go on! I was hoping for a VIN but that would have been a miracle.
Indeed. I have a Q2 build and no VIN yet. :'(

STIG302 said:
I ordered mine 20 Apr and just got my VIN yesterday!!!
1ZVBP8CU9C5225815
Yellow no options

I assume you have a Q2 build? Congrats and post some of those pictures when you get it......I too have a Yellow with no options.

I believe I may already know this answer but not 100% certain so I will ask anyways.

The third quarter of sales is July-September correct? If this is right, it means all of us with 3rd quarter cars could see them anywhere from August to October/November for delivery?

Although I like the idea of a limited production, I do not like how an order which is put in waits around to be pulled until a certain quarter of sales! Personally, I think Ford should have told dealerships you have an allocation for so many....once they are gone, they are gone.

This way if you ordered yours in January you didn't have to wait til September to have the ordered pulled. It's painful to see all the Boss's on Ebay awaiting owners from dealerships who are sitting on them. JMO!

suprmn said:
I believe I may already know this answer but not 100% certain so I will ask anyways.

The third quarter of sales is July-September correct? If this is right, it means all of us with 3rd quarter cars could see them anywhere from August to October/November for delivery?

Although I like the idea of a limited production, I do not like how an order which is put in waits around to be pulled until a certain quarter of sales! Personally, I think Ford should have told dealerships you have an allocation for so many....once they are gone, they are gone.

This way if you ordered yours in January you didn't have to wait til September to have the ordered pulled. It's painful to see all the Boss's on Ebay awaiting owners from dealerships who are sitting on them. JMO!

In theory, yes that is 3rd quarter. But on that note I wouldn't get your hopes up too high of that actually being when they make them. There have been delays and what not, so the production quarters are probably pushed back slightly due to all of that.

I feel your pain SUPRMN...I ordered my Boss 4/6 But since it's a 4q allocation I probably won't see it till late fall/early winter. That's why I picked up a 04 GT 5spd a couple of weeks ago to tool around in this summer. It's fun to drive so it eases the pain a little.I thought that committed allocations were supposed to take priority over the uncommitted ones but it looks like that's not the case if dealers are sitting on unsold Bosses.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I just want my car so I can enjoy it before I go on my next deployment. I'm already going to be 3 months into my 12 months home before the car supposedly gets built, so that only gives me 9 months to enjoy it before it sits around for 6 months. Definitely helps with the mileage but I want to drive the car!

Hey , UFNAVY06, If you got a 3q allocation you stand a chance. Good luck to you! Everybody says "Its worth the wait" But your circumstance is much more different than the rest of us! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!...And may God be with you.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
302BOB said:
Hey , UFNAVY06, If you got a 3q allocation you stand a chance. Good luck to you! Everybody says "Its worth the wait" But your circumstance is much more different than the rest of us! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!...And may God be with you.

Believe me, I'm trying to wait! I got some Camaro buddies who need a lesson in car buying. Not to mention as much as I love the S/C whine on my MINI JCW, it just does not come close to my old Mustang in straight line performance. Just that whole throw you in the back of the seat feeling. The JCW is quick (6.3 sec 0-60 from only 210 hp and like 184 lbft), but that's less than half what the Boss puts down. So it's a weird feeling knowing that as much of a smile I get putting the foot to the floor in the JCW, it just reminds me of what I'm missing without my Stang! Much less the Boss! I couldn't believe the dealers I talked to while I was overseas wouldn't help me out, including the dealer I bought my 2006 GT from. Very disappointing to say the least.

When I ordered the car, the dealer promised a third quarter delivery. They expected a build in August and a delivery to them in September. Now the car is showing built June 7 on the VIN sticker, and the dealer thinks they might get it around June 24. Maybe my car is running early for some reason, or maybe that's good news for everyone. It could be related to space on the production line if the demand for other Mustangs is slowing down.

roamer said:
When I ordered the car, the dealer promised a third quarter delivery. They expected a build in August and a delivery to them in September. Now the car is showing built June 7 on the VIN sticker, and the dealer thinks they might get it around June 24. Maybe my car is running early for some reason, or maybe that's good news for everyone. It could be related to space on the production line if the demand for other Mustangs is slowing down.
The cars aren't ahead of schedule. If it was built last week then it's a Q2 build. Congratulations!

I'm in the same boat as suprmn and 5 DOT 0.

I called Ford customer service with my order number and was told the car is on a 'Materials Hold". The person helping me did not have access to enough info to say what the hold material was, although it sounds like paint is a suspect. We all heard about the Kona Blue shortage, but this rep said several of the red colors were also currently responsible for holds (not just Bosses/Mustangs).

I was also told that no build date or VIN would be assigned until the hold is released so ....... no idea of a timeframe for build or delivery. The car was ordered 4/11/11.

TMO Supporting Vendors