The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tire Purging Tool finally back in stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
And for the uneducated amongst us? Assuming by the looks its a clip on bleeder that allows you to drop the tyre down to atmospheric pressure without pulling the valve insert. Assume you then attach compressor hose and refill via the fitting on the end. Never really thought about changing out the air in tyres given they get refilled from a multitude of dubious sources. Sounds so obvious when you sit and think about it. I'll add it to the list of driver excuses for poor performance on the day.

Do you pull a slight vacuum if possible to try remove as much "moist" air as possible?

What else am i missing from a seemingly simple device that obviously has a genuine purpose given @blacksheep-1 is telling us about it. It must be useful.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West
One might use this to evacuate the air in a tire before refilling with nitrogen I think. Might also refill with helium to reduce unsprung weight?

And for the uneducated amongst us? Assuming by the looks its a clip on bleeder that allows you to drop the tyre down to atmospheric pressure without pulling the valve insert. Assume you then attach compressor hose and refill via the fitting on the end. Never really thought about changing out the air in tyres given they get refilled from a multitude of dubious sources. Sounds so obvious when you sit and think about it. I'll add it to the list of driver excuses for poor performance on the day.

Do you pull a slight vacuum if possible to try remove as much "moist" air as possible?

What else am i missing from a seemingly simple device that obviously has a genuine purpose given @blacksheep-1 is telling us about it. It must be useful.
I'm sorry, I should've explained, it's used to Purge a tire of air.
When you get the tires mounted they are done with air. To remove that and ( most) moisture you use this tool.The valve core is removed, the tire bled, then the hose with the clip is attached to the valve stem. Compressed air is run through the black aluminum piece and it acts as a very efficient siphon, pulling a vacuum on the tire. Shut the valve off, remove the hose, reinstall the valve core and you are ready for nitrogen. These things work like a champ and were out of production for quite awhile.
You can actually pull a tire off the bead with one of these.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
When you get the tires mounted they are done with air. To remove that and ( most) moisture you use this tool.The valve core is removed, the tire bled, then the hose with the clip is attached to the valve stem. Compressed air is run through the black aluminum piece and it acts as a very efficient siphon, pulling a vacuum on the tire. Shut the valve off, remove the hose, reinstall the valve core and you are ready for nitrogen. These things work like a champ and were out of production for quite awhile.
With the valve core removed won’t the tire just fill up with air when the hose is removed?

With the valve core removed won’t the tire just fill up with air when the hose is removed?
If you let it sit long enough. You can literally suck the tire down and off the wheel bead. You have be careful using one of these under about 35 degrees because you can damage the tire and break the cords as it wrinkles up.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Melbourne Australia
So i was correct, way more to it than i imagined.

That's the reason you are the head of the Mafia, THE TYRE GUY MAFIA.

Thanks for the insight, another item to add to the list of purchases.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel