The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: CC Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I need a new set of CC plates, specifically Maximum Motorsport or Vorshlag. Do any of our vendor's sell them? I would prefer to support you guys. I'm mainly interested in new ones but am open to slightly used if any individual is selling a set. Thanks guys.

Didn't you buy a different brand?

NFSBOSS said:
I wondered about those in your thread but stayed out of it because I don't know much about them. In general I follow Gary Pete Scott and Drew's lead on this stuff and copy what they do. I haven't been disappointed yet. ;)
Yeah, funny thing is I found stuff about the MM plates that made me worry. Not nearly as bad as GC though now. GC hasnt really got into the S197 market like they are in the BMW world. I failed to research the BMW forums. Now I'm worried about tracking the Boss with them. Live and learn I suppose. I also am guessing we dont have any vendors that sell them. I tried at least.

What did you find out about the plates that has caused you to have second thoughts about using them?

I have a set of brand new MM C/C plates in my garage. I ended up with the Vorshlag's because the 60mm springs on the AST's didn't fit the perch. I would've had to switch to 2.5 in springs and also buy a new MM perch for 100 something for them to work. But for stock style springs they're awesome. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Zquez said:
I have a set of brand new MM C/C plates in my garage. I ended up with the Vorshlag's because the 60mm springs on the AST's didn't fit the perch. I would've had to switch to 2.5 in springs and also buy a new MM perch for 100 something for them to work. But for stock style springs they're awesome. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Make sure they are the correct ones. I believe there's a different version for 2011+ Mustangs. Call Maximum Motorsports to clarify.

The guy I bought the MMs from has a '12 so if anything they're good for LindsayEOD and not me. If there is a difference I can double check the model number. I believe the changes were in the stock perch and not the actual spring or anything that matters if you're changing it.

Just want to make sure there's no confusion on what's what because other members have gotten this wrong. Here's the link to the plates for different years:

2011+ Mm5CC-6

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=514_2_77&products_id=1400&zenid=573717383acc7b1bc43f4258efb58a7c

2010- Mm5CC-1

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=514_2_77&products_id=1151

Zquez said:
If you have the MM5CC-6, send me a PM. Thanks.

cp85gt said:
What did you find out about the plates that has caused you to have second thoughts about using them?
Another Boss owner had a break because of what I thought to be a design flaw. I spent a lot of time yesterday going through the pics and scouring the BMW forums. It seems that the S197 design is different and I can only find this one instance where this occurred. I think I'm going to try these but keep a MM set with me just as insurance. Apparently when these work, they are great.

NFSBOSS said:
Make sure they are the correct ones. I believe there's a different version for 2011+ Mustangs. Call Maximum Motorsports to clarify.
Thanks for looking out for me Rick. I appreciate it.

TMO Supporting Vendors