The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WTB: The original ford factory oil filter that was on your BOSS when new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking to purchase an original ford factory oil filter from a 2012 or 2013 BOSS 302. I am looking for the original oil filter that was installed on your BOSS when new. I would prefer no scrathes or dents please. If you have what I am looking for, please send me a pm.
Thanks,
Terry

Georgia
I am going to assume that he is planning for the future, when these cars will be collectables and factory oem parts will have some value. No different than what people do today when restoring the muscle cars from the 60's. Big $$$ change hands for these things.

I kept mine, although I bet I will be long gong before it is considered a collectable. ;D

Things like used oil filters are collectible? I figure if it isn't able to be installed on the car it isn't worth anything. Do people refurbish filters?

Another question: if collectors put a new filter on a car that sits for a looong time between runs do they usually use a filter that is not cellulose? I have been told those will break down over time, even when not used. I would be hesitant to re-use an original.

Yes I am asking for original used factory oil filters. I would like to have a couple on hand for nostalgic reasons, these are just for display only.
Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel