The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Youngest Boss owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
ufnavy06 said:
jimprw said:
Hey there Mr. 26. Navy, right? There's a great deal of sacrifice made by our service folks, so it's nice that you have reduced living expense overhead and can save a chunk of cash for a Boss. Hope it is everything you dream it will be! Drive it strong and proud my friend!
[/quote

Correct. Just put on LT so I suppose you could call it my LT car much like my '06 GT was my Ensign mobile. My LTJG car was my MINI JCW. Doing P-3s gets me that per diem while I'm deployed which is a nice down payment on any car, as long as I can save it!

Just stay out of the gut and you will! ;)

Idk if this counts but im 17 and i have a CO boss on order coming in. We currently have a Kona blue boss in our garage that i drive with my father. He doesn't fully trust me yet to drive it alone so technically it won't really be mine until im 18 but i could live with that. I think im pretty lucky anyways to be this young and have such a nice car.

GA
rickybender said:
Idk if this counts but im 17 and i have a CO boss on order coming in. We currently have a Kona blue boss in our garage that i drive with my father. He doesn't fully trust me yet to drive it alone so technically it won't really be mine until im 18 but i could live with that. I think im pretty lucky anyways to be this young and have such a nice car.

Yes, you are one lucky SOB and don't forget it. I don't know what it is like to be born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Enjoy it but don't kill yourself or anyone else with it.

PJWANNABE said:
rickybender said:

Yes, you are one lucky SOB and don't forget it. I don't know what it is like to be born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Enjoy it but don't kill yourself or anyone else with it.
Yeah i know. Im pretty careful the way i drive, Ive seen a lot of stupid and dumb stuff happen because kids are careless so im a little more cautious, and life has given me a fair share of lessons too. Ive been blessed to be born to a good family but it really hasn't been easy, and ive been through my fair share of hardships. Everyone thinks its always easy. Anyways im grateful for the car and i cant wait till it comes.

rickybender said:
It only counts if you post pics :D

GA
rickybender said:
PJWANNABE said:
rickybender said:

Yeah i know. Im pretty careful the way i drive, Ive seen a lot of stupid and dumb stuff happen because kids are careless so im a little more cautious, and life has given me a fair share of lessons too. Ive been blessed to be born to a good family but it really hasn't been easy, and ive been through my fair share of hardships. Everyone thinks its always easy. Anyways im grateful for the car and i cant wait till it comes.

You are going to have 3 Bosses in your family? Sheesh, I can't even buy one. You seem like a decent kid and you have already learned a bit that money doesn't always buy you happiness. I wish I had a little more though to make me a bit happier. ;) Enjoy your car and pity us poor people.

PJWANNABE said:
rickybender said:
PJWANNABE said:
rickybender said:

You are going to have 3 Bosses in your family? Sheesh, I can't even buy one. You seem like a decent kid and you have already learned a bit that money doesn't always buy you happiness. I wish I had a little more though to make me a bit happier. ;) Enjoy your car and pity us poor people.
Ya it really doesn't, but i know what you mean lol. Keep your head up though maybe you'll find a cheep deal one day and get the car you want. With life you never know, who knows you might be a boss owner sooner than you think :)

rickybender said:
He doesn't fully trust me yet to drive it alone so technically it won't really be mine until im 18 but i could live with that.
I have a 17 year old and 19 year old son, and while I'd love to let them drive the GT500 or Boss, I just can't do it yet. I doubt your father doesn't "trust" you as much as he's just looking out for you and others. A high horsepower car is a lot for experienced drivers to handle properly, let alone a young man who doesn't have experience. Unfortunately experience isn't something we can teach our kids, nor is it something we thought we needed when we were 17 either. It only comes with time. My youngest just got his second speeding ticket in a year, and I explained to him that is part of the reason he isn't driving the Boss yet. He's a great student and good kid, so that's not the issue. Not trying to preach to ya, just take it slow. Getting the opportunity to drive with your Dad is a good way to gain experience and show him you can be responsible. Have fun and be safe.

2012 Boss racer

So I guess I'm still the youngest owner who is actually having to work to pay for my car. I can't hate on Ricky though, my folks bought me my first car, but it was a 1980 cj7 jeep that I had to completely rebuild. Appreciate what you have and whatever you don't have fight to get it.

Yup i know im getting the experience i need driving with my dad. Everything comes in time, ive learn that so i just wait for things, i try not to rush anything anymore because it really never ends up right when you right things. I was looking at getting a new black mustang GT with 3:73s and Brembos but when we saw the boss we kinda feel in love. And even though the boss is a bit deep on the price it isn't that much more than a Premium GT so we just decided to go with the Boss. My dad also likes the collectability of the car too as he likes to keep nice cars he think one day will be worth a pretty penny. Also today is the first time i got the 'skip shift' from 1 to 4th. I was a bit skeptical about putting the car from first all the way to 4th like that but it wasn't that bad. The rpms did drop alot but just enough to keep the motor from lugging, and it does have 3:73 gears so i thought it wouldn't be that bad anyways.

2012 Boss racer said:
So I guess I'm still the youngest owner who is actually having to work to pay for my car. I can't hate on Ricky though, my folks bought me my first car, but it was a 1980 cj7 jeep that I had to completely rebuild. Appreciate what you have and whatever you don't have fight to get it.
But you aren't the youngest owner, you now get the runner up prize

rickybender said:
Heres a pic of the Kona blue, we dont get the CO or LS for anther month :/.
Got any photos with the hood down? Beautiful, have fun learning to drive it.

5 DOT 0 said:
rickybender said:
Heres a pic of the Kona blue, we dont get the CO or LS for anther month :/.
Got any photos with the hood down? Beautiful, have fun learning to drive it.
Not really i took these couple crappy pics with my blackberry, we have some good pic of the car on the camera but i think my dad left the camera at work so. But anyways heres a pic of the front of the car, and yeah i know it isn't really straight but these were kinda rush pics.

TMO Supporting Vendors