The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

John Neary (jneary)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just saw on Facebook that John Neary (jneary here) has passed. I met him once at a Cars & Coffee at the Blackhawk Shopping Center (Danville, CA), and was just so impressed with what a wonderful person he was. Wonderful wife as well. Got to see the '70 Boss 302 he'd restored as well as the 2013 GHIG Boss his wife bought him. She also has quite the Mach 1. My prayers go out to her and the family.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
That is sad news-just a few weeks ago we were marveling at his "new" Boss:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=8947.msg130139#msg130139

Oh that's terrible news. I met him and he was a super nice guy. He was going to caravan with Andy and me to the Mustang 50th anniversary last year but took a turn for the worse and couldn't make it. He was a true Mustang fan and very passionate about restoring his 1970 Boss 302. He was very proud of the fact that he and his son restored the 1970 together. It will be a terrific legacy for his son and wife to remember him.

Andy go ahead and post a link to the FB post if you're comfortable doing so.

RIP

me2.jpg

Rest in peace John, I could tell, from your posts, you are a great man with good heart!
My condolences to Kelly and the rest of John's family.

Vermont
Sad to lose such a great member of this forum. Always enjoyed everything John had to say in his posts. God bless you and may you rest in peace.

Car folks are a rare breed, we do care for the cars and the owners. I remember reading his first post and reading about his 70 Boss, true car guy! Way to early at 50!

I have a request that we keep all fallen forum members post up, and a USA flag at half mast beside their name to show that they have passed, what do you think guys and gals? On the SAAC site we had a person that passed away from a motorcycle accident and someone suggested this and I thought it is a great way of showing respect.

For those in the CA Bay Area, here are some details on the memorial service for John:

Celebration of Life for John Neary - Sunday February 22, 2015
Memorial Service w/ Pastor Kurt @ Pleasant Hill Senior Center promptly at 4:00pm ~ 5:00pm
Inside Reception will follow ~ 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Optional, but very appreciated - Please bring an appetizer or dessert to share
Optional, but also appreciated - Bring a bottle of wine or some beer to share (or not!)
Soft Drinks, water, some food and all plates/utensils/cups will be provided
Music provided for dancing
**An Informal John Neary Dedication Car Show is allowed in the public lot outside, surrounding the center** So, if you are planning to show your car, please have it at the lot no later than 3:00pm during the facilities event set-up time...

It has also been requested that those of us bringing our cars be mindful of the cancer patients and other service attendees and to leave open parking spaces closest to the Senior Center. Kelly also said John would be happy to see the Bosses most of all. 8)

Thanks for the assist Fomoco!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I wonder if we can get a list of people who could make it. It's only 2 hours for me but I gotta talk it over with the family.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel