The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SCCA Advance PDX/Instructor Clinic - Summit Point - April 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDCR SCCA is holding an instructor clinic at Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit on April 18th.
With the clinic, they're going to be running an Advance/solo only PDX with 2+ hours of track time.

I'm probably going to sign up and use this event as a shakedown for Superfest at VIR. Also, I've never ran Shenandoah in the mustang, interested to see how it does on a tight, busy track.

Registration link.

Oops! Posted it in the wrong section. Mods please move the thread.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i wanted to go, but nasa will be running summit main the same weekend. i will try to stop over and say hi!

F.D. Sako said:
WDCR SCCA is holding an instructor clinic at Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit on April 18th.
With the clinic, they're going to be running an Advance/solo only PDX with 2+ hours of track time.

I'm probably going to sign up and use this event as a shakedown for Superfest at VIR. Also, I've never ran Shenandoah in the mustang, interested to see how it does on a tight, busy track.

Registration link.

Oops! Posted it in the wrong section. Mods please move the thread.
I think I am going to try and go to this, I just need to check and see if I am eligible. After running Main I can say that it is a much more fun track do to the speeds but Shenandoah is so technical and if you screw up 1 corner in a chain the whole chain is slow, it's a great track.

Alright! Hope to see you guys there.

I also hope that they open the skid pad, haven't done that in the mustang yet either. It'd be a great learning experience.

So far, event attendance seems to be low, so we should get plenty of space and track time.

There is also a PCA event on Summit main the next weekend, April 25-26. It is open to non-PCA members with a cost of $310 for solo drivers.

2012-Boss said:
There is also a PCA event on Summit main the next weekend, April 25-26. It is open to non-PCA members with a cost of $310 for solo drivers.

That sounds like a great deal as well!
Too many events, so little time and money!

Brandon302 said:
Signed up and attending.

Alright! I'm hoping we get good weather.

F.D. Sako said:
That sounds like a great deal as well!
Too many events, so little time and money!

Alright! I'm hoping we get good weather.
Hoping for that and some friendly competition.

Friendly competition always gets activated after session 2 8)

I watched Steve's laps from 2012 to get familiarized with the shifting locations and gears.

I also asked if the skid pad was going to open, and their response was most likely!
I'm really looking forward to the skid pad, as well. My recovery from an oversteer correction needs work.

F.D. Sako said:
Friendly competition always gets activated after session 2 8)

I watched Steve's laps from 2012 to get familiarized with the shifting locations and gears.

I also asked if the skid pad was going to open, and their response was most likely!
I'm really looking forward to the skid pad, as well. My recovery from an oversteer correction needs work.

That is a good idea, I'll have to check that video out. I haven't run Shenandoah in about 2 years I think.

Ya :(
I may have to mount my stock Pirellis, since the RS3's aren't doing too good in wet conditions anymore. Here's to hoping the weather clears up for the day.

It better rain it's little heart out for the next few days. I don't want to be a Nancy but I want to have the max amount of fun.

Brandon, here's the session I followed you. I should have another vid of few of my laps later.

The video may still be processing, so it may be low quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHxoH1eGybM&feature=youtu.be

Looking good guys.

Just curious if you always move your hands like that? Mine are glued to the 9 and 3 positions. You should investigate buying an Auto-BLiP. I'm never going racing and the AB allows me to concentrate on braking and not worry about the down shifts. Most of us that have them love them.

TMO Supporting Vendors