The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V 2007 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Norm, What exactly was it about the CF5s that made you feel uneasy? I've been running with CF5Vs for a couple of years with no complaints.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Halfway through my tour and just wanted to check in. Not dead yet, but not having seen my car in I don't know how long is killing me. Bouncing all over the Pacific and only just warming up. Next half of this tour is going to be a roller coaster. Should find out later this year what my next assignment will be. Hoping it's somewhere stateside with track access. Anyways, looks like everyone is still crushing it, so keep it up!

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
Glad to hear you're still out there kicking :) Awesome build and good luck with it in the future. My ego got the best of me and I'm selling my 3v for a 5.0 but I will always remember it, great cars.

Stay safe out there!

- Cory

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
My 3v isn't going anywhere. Too much into it. I suspect it will stay with me until one of us can't move anymore and I'm just too stubborn to quit on it. Happy Holidays to you too!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
No worries ,glad to have you back posting! Please note we all love to read your build and exploits as you almost match " Likes " with your posts. That is super unusual , but it is so indicative that the Fans of the Forum enjoy reading your posts!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You get a TMO Shirt and hang out at a track event. When someone comes up to you and says, " Heh , I am on the TMO Forum too, whom do you happen to be?" "Hi, good to meet you ( casual pause while you wait for them to excitedly blurt out their name) ... my name is ChrisM........you know , the guy everyone likes?!"

Pretty that guy will buy your a beer, ha?

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I have a theory on "likes." The 3V guys like Chris and myself are a dying breed. Coyote and Voodoo are all the rage, and rightfully so. They get the press because they have the performance right out of the box. But there are these pesky 3V guys holding onto the past, making the most of an outdated platform... and you just can't help but like them because, as Mustang guys, we're all a little nostalgic.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Boone I just gave you another one, since you are quite likeable too! I think you are on to one simple fact, that most of us have had Mustangs in the past.

We can relate to the massaging that had to be done ,then, to get the power, the handling and even the braking up to some other vehicle standards. We have empathy and in the case of me, Tyme, 302Bob and other Ye Olde Farts, we remember what we went through when we were your age. Besides , as anyone who has been on this Forum for awhile , we are all family and we do appreciate Chris M's service/sacrifice to our Country. We like you because your enthusiasm is infectious and we love to give you 20 - 30 answers to each none of your questions, so you end up more confused than when you started ,ha.

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Bring it in for a virtual hug guys!

Or, I guess maybe drinks when I get back if hugging's not your thing.

Trying to work my assignments so that my next base is near a track...which means I'll probably wind up in Greenland or something.

My wife, God bless her, really likes the 15+ body styles. Who knows if a 5.0 is in my future anymore. I'd prefer to keep to the S197 at least so I can reuse a lot of parts.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Then buy your wife an EcoBoost. Problem solved, and the 3V crew lives on. Beer is good, Scotch is better, and hugging is OK as long as the hands stay above the navel.

Ha, she'd beat me with the four banger if I bought her that instead of a V8 (literally, like tear it out of the car and hit me with it). We had one as a rental and it was great, but it's not a V8.

I guess I'll just perish the thought of a Coyote swap...again. I go back and forth on this stuff a lot since I've got a lot of idle time not working on cars here. As clearly shown by this thread...

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
My wife read this and she said she really likes your wife's style!!!

As I'm typing this, she's trying to convince me to spend the next 18 or so months saving for a Coyote swap so that when we get back to the States we can dive right into it.

Happy wife, happy life, right?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
For my money, I think I'd be better off sending us both to Ford Performance Racing School. I've got lots of time to weigh the options, but that would certainly be a great anniversary vacation.

TMO Supporting Vendors