The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2011-2017 Mustang / F150 Boundary blueprinted billet oil pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Selling because I need to get the 5.2L version for my road race build. brand new unopened pump. Includes new Oil Pick-Up tube - Ford (BR3Z-6622-A - recommended to use a new tube when changing pumps to ensure cleanliness). After using these pumps on 2 engines now I'm a convert (and had previously run MMR, TSS, and FRPP pumps/gears).

$300

From the manufacturer:

The Coyote Motor oil pump from Boundary utilizes the Ford OEM housing which fits all Coyote Motors except the GT350.

All assembled billet pumps undergo the following:
-Pump is completely taken apart, all parts under go ultrasonic cleaning, air blast, and hand inspection.
-Pump is hand de-burred.
-Gear set is cut in house from hardened 4140 chromoly steel billet.
-Stainless Torx heads replace the stock fasteners
-All fasteners are torqued to spec
-Loctite applied to fasteners to prevent back out or loosening
-Anaerobic sealant applied to critical areas to boost pump up speed and reduce aeration.
-Assembly lubricant applied to all critical surfaces to insure fast initial pump up and lubricity on start.
-Parts are blue printed and issued with specification sheet.

IMG_1861.jpgIMG_1862.jpgIMG_1863.jpgIMG_1864.jpgIMG_1865.jpgIMG_1866.jpg

Last edited:

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
They appear to be very similar. I didn't have any issues with the CJ pump (which is now sold to another member here).

However, I will say that the boundary pump definitely had more work done to it, the stainless hardware is nice (as I've had some issues with the oem hardware when opening up a housing). The hand-deburring is nice, along with getting a serialized blue-printing sheet is a comfort for me personally. the CJ pump does not come with any paperwork.

That said, they're both great options. I'm just moving to Boundary for all my builds not because of cost, but because I appreciate the little details that Travis there puts into the pumps and his availability to consult on these systems. I'm planning on replacing this with a boundary GT350 pump to match a FP350S pan I bought. If I can't get this pump unloaded I'll just steal the gears from it and have my local machinist recheck the clearances (as not every OEM housing is the same size) and put it in a GT350 pump. Though I'd prefer to just buy a unit and not have to touch it.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
Chris, im going with the FP350 pan and GT350 pump on my build as well. I had TSS OPGs in my 5.0 pump - do you see any issue with inspecting the gears and dropping into a new GT350 pump? I like the idea of the Boundary set as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors