The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2013 specs to dealers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure how much difference there is. Im still waiting to see the rear end. All indications it will be more vertical this year

Boss 302
Exterior colors
Gotta Have It Green
School Bus Yellow
Grabber Blue
White
Red

Powertrain
• 3.73:1 Limited-slip rear-axle
• 6-speed manual transmission
• Adjustable front and rear shocks
• Brembo™ front calipers and rotors
• Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel Fill
• Driver selectable Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS)
• Hi-Po 302 4V Ti-VCT V8 Engine
• MyKey®
• Rear-window defroster
• Remote Keyless-entry
• Tire mobility kit (Less spare tire)
• Unique front and rear springs
• Unique side and rear exit quad exhaust

Exterior
• HID Head Lamps
• Black decklid spoiler
• Modified front fascia with new splitter
• Unique side mirrors without integrated spotter mirror
• Unique (f) 19x9" ® 19x9.5" black painted aluminum wheels with summer only tires
• Unique intake manifold with production number plate
• Unique front grille with fog lamps
• Unique hood and side stripes "1970 Boss® 302 Livery"
• Unique strut-tower brace

Interior
• New instrument cluster w/ 4.2" LCD message center and MyColour®
• Air Conditioning – Manual
• Alcantara® Suede wrapped steering wheel
• Audio – Premium AM/FM stereo w/single-CD & clock
• SYNC®
• Audio Input Jack
• Bright aluminum pedal covers
• Console – Full armrest with locking storage
• Covered Cupholder – 2
• Floor Mats – front, black
• Footrest – Driver
• Leather-wrapped parking brake handle
• Satin-aluminum door release handles
• Satin-aluminum register surrounds w/black vanes
• Unique black shift knob
• Unique cloth seats with gray embroidered Boss® logo
• Unique dark aluminum instrument panel
• Unique door scuff plates (non-lighted)
• Vinyl wrapped door-trim

302BOB said:
I don't see Trackey mentioned anywhere...only MyKey???? Makes me wonder if Trackey is ever going to be approved.

TracKey is a Ford Racing part, it doesn't show up in the options list for the 2012's either.

Looks like a difference from the 2012 here:

Unique side mirrors without integrated spotter mirror

I really like my spotter mirror - but I would also have liked Sync too.

Wonder how much the price will increase?

I like the color of the lights on my dash, but I would have really liked the option for MyColor on this year's model. It's a feature that I enjoyed on my '06...something different is nice every now and again.

BLAZN BOSS

When they sold the grabber blue Boss on Barrett Jackson Ford said it was going to be the only grabber blue boss built!...........

BLAZN BOSS said:
When they sold the grabber blue Boss on Barrett Jackson Ford said it was going to be the only grabber blue boss built!...........
Ford said it will be the only grabber blue Boss Laguna Seca built. ;)

jimprw said:

Spotter mirror, just noticed that my LS built on 5-21, #231 is the flat mirror! I have seen other Boss cars with the spotter? Makes me wonder, take a look at your Boss.

Thanks,

BLAZN BOSS

My car has synch............dealer wanted to set my phone up for it..............

Of all the options, the LCD screen catches my attention. I'm not a big fan of them. They look nice at first, but age quickly.

"New instrument cluster w/ 4.2" LCD message center and MyColour®"

KYBOSSLS said:
jimprw said:

Spotter mirror, just noticed that my LS built on 5-21, #231 is the flat mirror! I have seen other Boss cars with the spotter? Makes me wonder, take a look at your Boss.

That is correct for the LS, it has a different mirror then the non LS Boss 302.

Careful what you guy's wish for. Ford's had a host of problems w/ sync. I for one love the simplicity of the 2012. The only option I would of added is HID's. Plus, if you plan on keeping these cars long term, what would sync look like in 10, 15, or 20 years. A dinosaur installed in the middle of your dash. Who knows, maybe they'll get the issues worked out by then.

BLAZN BOSS said:
My car has synch............dealer wanted to set my phone up for it..............
That's funny. My dealer went about two minutes trying to figure out why my SYNC wasn't working before I told him it didn't have it. ;D

I like my spotter mirrors and I like my 2012 Boss 302. I have no desire for any other sports/muscle car including a 2013 Boss 302.

TMO Supporting Vendors