The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

All OEM:White/Black 2012 Boss 302 Hood, driver seat/airbag & rear entire rear seat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi All

I am normally on the GT500, SVT, and Saleen PJ forms.
A local professional high performance racing organization (Porsches mainly)near me that modified a 2012 Boss 302 for one of their customers, called me and asked if I want the "take offs" since they are clearing out all of the extra parts in storage. They know I have a Shelby.
Since I am Mustang guy, I went down and got the parts.

I am looking to see what the value of these items would be.
I am looking for a reasonable value: The parts were taken off at aprox 1,000 miles. They have been sitting since 2012 in dry sheltered storage.
The parts are pretty much new. However, the hood has a few minor paint chips. I would get a paint stick and touch that up if I were to keep it. The black vinyl stripe in the center also has a fine scratch. No corrosion or dents. It has the Ford OEM information sticker on it.
Looked online and the OEM hood seems very expensive unpainted.

Driver front seat is perfect. Airbag not deployed and has connection under seat. Sorry,not Recaro though. The entire rear seat assem is also perfect.

Shipping is a problem on the hood.

Again, I'm thinking reasonable pricing.

Pics to follow.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The hood should be worth at least ~$300, maybe $400 as a hood with no dents. More, if the buyer is local and has a white Boss and needs it with the hood stripe. Maybe $500-600 if the scratch isn't bad.

Just the driver non-Recaro is a crapshoot. Could be worth $1k to someone who needs it or just wants the cloth covers. Otherwise, I think you'd be lucky to get $400-$500 for it without the passenger seat.

Backseats carry value for LS owners that want to carry passengers. There's easily $750 to 1k there, just for the cost of the covers.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
You're welcome, and I'd pay that $300 if you don't sell it for more. I'm down in O.C.

I'll ask around with my local Boss-owner-friends if any want or need one. One of them has non-recaros and smokes...so decent chance he could use the seats or the covers for spares.

Ok Grant 302. If it sits here too long, I'll contact you. Hard to safely store a hood around the house.

I'll get some pics up as well shortly.

Since that worked here's a few more. The scratch in the black stripe decal is only down to the white decal base and not into the hood paint. The plug on the seat bottom is for the side airbag.

DSC03920 (1).JPGDSC03932.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel