The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any non-Boss owners wanna buy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
a Boss Alcantra wheel?
I am gauging interest because I bought my car with some defects on the wheel and want a new one.
img_1610.jpg

A GT500 wheel is a good deal,
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-steering-wheel-gt500-p-1231.html,
You might want to check it out. It's easier to keep clean too.

BLAZN BOSS

Yeah, those are servicable parts, Take battery cable off, unbolt the air bag on the two sides, remove wires, take off the aluminum and pop the new aluminum on. Check with your local dealer for the parts and they can give you the instructions.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
BLAZN BOSS said:
Yeah, those are servicable parts, Take battery cable off, unbolt the air bag on the two sides, remove wires, take off the aluminum and pop the new aluminum on. Check with your local dealer for the parts and they can give you the instructions.
Awesome, thx!

BLAZN BOSS

mcmmotorsports said:
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-steering-wheel-boss-suede-alcantara-p-1105.html
I'd make sure, I just bought my daughter replacement switches for both sides. That was 106 dollars my cost. I have a feeling that is a price for the wheel only. If not, thats a great buy!!!!

That price looks about right. A little cheaper now compared to a couple of months ago. The gt500 wheel had all the gizums included but around $80 cheaper. The installation instruction are the same.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I had problems with paint on the wheel controls chipping off on my daughters mustang. Called the parts manager at my favorite Ford store. He ordered the parts and informed me this was covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Free to me.

Also had a technician install when I went to pick up the part. Also no charge.

Could be worth checking with your dealer if the damage could be considered fair wear and tear.

Good luck

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
I'd save the $200 and time/effort of removing the steering wheel by just replacing the damaged plastic. Use some of the time saved to recondition the alcantara yourself. Vids on YT really help.

The GT500 wheel looks nice and is pretty cheap but the spots where the alcantara is are the only areas on my Boss wheel that get real dirty and require extra effort to clean. The rest of the wheel is a fast clean-up for me. Not bad if done regularly but time consuming if left until it turns scalely and crusty. :-\. Hard to avoid during the summer... ... without looking like a d-bag wearing driving gloves on the street. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel