The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss owners package value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you think that is bad, check this out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000JZKZ7O/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I am thinking some people are using Amazon as a money laundering front. Almost every department has more than one item that is criminally overpriced.

I am missing mine and I came across one on eBay, it was for a Kona boss, so I purchased it. It's the closest to the original that. I am missing. I paid $120. I do monitor the thread on the owners kit and if the original owner of that car goes there looking for it, I will sell it to him for what I paid. I'm still in search for mine

If you are still looking for yours you can make a saved search in the Ebay app that will alert you when new items that match your search are listed. Best way to do it instead of trying to remember to check often enough.

I am at a lose here. Why would someone who does not own a Boss want a owners kit? Posers? That is why I do not get these people selling their owners kit. I kept mine and will keep it until I am six feet under and the car goes to someone else.

Some here have mentioned a suspicion that someone at a dealership might scoop them up on trade-ins and try to sell them. I definitely see that as a possibility. I hope I never have to, but if I ever trader her in, the dealer will NOT get my kit. I will hide a piece of paper with my name, phone number, and a "call me for the owners kit" note somewhere in the car where the dealer will not find it and toss it. Maybe in the key fob battery compartment? When they need to replace the battery, there is my number. Brilliant!

Some of these cars are sent straight to auction. Mine was purchased by an independent dealer, not a Foed dealer and they purchased the car at an Auction. I had a dealers license before. These kits if left in the car, probably were thrown away by the crew that preps the car prior to auction. Sad, but a big possibility. I also only received one key...not the red one

raptor said:
Some of these cars are sent straight to auction. Mine was purchased by an independent dealer, not a Foed dealer and they purchased the car at an Auction. I also only received one key...not the red one

Wow thats F-up that people would do that. Anyone who owns a boss know the importance of the Red Key.

I don't have a red key because it's never been activated and most people that trade cars in, do it on impulse and only have one key at the time. They never bother to go back to the dealer and give them the other key

raptor said:
I am missing mine and I came across one on eBay, it was for a Kona boss, so I purchased it. It's the closest to the original that. I am missing. I paid $120. I do monitor the thread on the owners kit and if the original owner of that car goes there looking for it, I will sell it to him for what I paid. I'm still in search for mine

Raptor,
What # was the kit for? I'm looking for a 2012 Kona Blue #2210.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel