The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BTA help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bought a 5 spd 150 HP Plymouth Neon in 1999 new off the lot and I had zero stick experience. Since then I've had a 5 spd F150 V6 and a darn fast 2002 WRX with a 5 spd. After 13 years of stick driving I'm finally feeling good about driving the BOSS. I still have a lot to learn about driving on a track. silly to put anyone in this kind of car without incrementail learning. I did a 2nd to 3rd up shift last week in the BOSS at moderate speed on the road and spun the rears and wiggled the rear. The BOSS is more car than is necessary (legally) on the street and definitely needs an experienced and mature driver. That said, teach! We are at risk of losing the skill of driving a manual transmission.

TMO Supporting Vendors