The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Correct Wiring Harness for 2013 Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Update - I haven't been able to drive the car very much since I had the work done, but everything has been fine. Until friggin yesterday.
I was sitting in a drive through car wash (the paint is already pretty damaged on this car), and I messaged the guy that has helped me with these issues. I thanked him for finally getting this fixed after nearly 3 years of chasing the problem. ... ... And just a few minutes later, literally within a few hundred yards after leaving the car wash, it all happened again. Voltage shot up beyond 16v, gauge cluster shut down, radio+aircon, everything. It happened a couple of times.

I drove the car for another 90ish minutes after that, and never had another problem. Voltage was rock solid at 13.8-14.1v.

I am so disheartened. I have now replaced the pcm, the battery, the entire engine wiring harness, and the alternator x2, and multiple thousands of dollars chasing this issue. I have not changed the bcm. What else could it possibly be? I don't want to get rid of the car, but I can't trust driving it.
 
Update - I haven't been able to drive the car very much since I had the work done, but everything has been fine. Until friggin yesterday.
I was sitting in a drive through car wash (the paint is already pretty damaged on this car), and I messaged the guy that has helped me with these issues. I thanked him for finally getting this fixed after nearly 3 years of chasing the problem. ... ... And just a few minutes later, literally within a few hundred yards after leaving the car wash, it all happened again. Voltage shot up beyond 16v, gauge cluster shut down, radio+aircon, everything. It happened a couple of times.

I drove the car for another 90ish minutes after that, and never had another problem. Voltage was rock solid at 13.8-14.1v.

I am so disheartened. I have now replaced the pcm, the battery, the entire engine wiring harness, and the alternator x2, and multiple thousands of dollars chasing this issue. I have not changed the bcm. What else could it possibly be? I don't want to get rid of the car, but I can't trust driving it.
car wash could be a clue. feel the passenger side footwell. is it wet?
 

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top