The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Don Wright RIP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We go through life and don't realize how insignificant things we do affects others.
Don Wright was my neighbor and local drag racer. My dad wasn't a car guy unfortunately, so I spent a lot of time at Don's garage. I rode my bike past his place when I was about 11 years old and saw his red Corvette that he raced. He later ran an injected C gas 66 vette and a 69 pro stock Camaro. He put Bill Jenkins on the trailer at the Gatornationals around 1971 so he was no joke.
Somewhere in there I asked my dad if I could go to the drags with him. Don snuck me in under the topper of his 66 GMC, towing the gasser vette. He lost in the final when the trans failed against a 1948 Anglia.
Years later I worked for Don at his shop for several years in Gulfport, Fl.
Don is the most likely the reason I'm here today, and have the career that I do.
I still remember the day he asked me to hand him the 2- 4bbl manifold for his red 59. He told me not to drop it, I held on so tight that it probably still has my fingerprints in it.
I also recall working on the pro stock car at Sunshine Speedway, 12 years old, and thought I was on top of the world.
Rest in peace,Don.
It all turned out OK

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Williston, FL
We go through life and don't realize how insignificant things we do affects others.
Don Wright was my neighbor and local drag racer. My dad wasn't a car guy unfortunately, so I spent a lot of time at Don's garage. I rode my bike past his place when I was about 11 years old and saw his red Corvette that he raced. He later ran an injected C gas 66 vette and a 69 pro stock Camaro. He put Bill Jenkins on the trailer at the Gatornationals around 1971 so he was no joke.
Somewhere in there I asked my dad if I could go to the drags with him. Don snuck me in under the topper of his 66 GMC, towing the gasser vette. He lost in the final when the trans failed against a 1948 Anglia.
Years later I worked for Don at his shop for several years in Gulfport, Fl.
Don is the most likely the reason I'm here today, and have the career that I do.
I still remember the day he asked me to hand him the 2- 4bbl manifold for his red 59. He told me not to drop it, I held on so tight that it probably still has my fingerprints in it.
I also recall working on the pro stock car at Sunshine Speedway, 12 years old, and thought I was on top of the world.
Rest in peace,Don.
It all turned out OK
Uncle Don was the best. He was a good and kind soul. His oldest sister was my Mom. THANK YOU for what you said. I will miss him always. I was going to see him Christmas day 😭. I forwarded your eulogy to his sister Gwen and Daughter, my cousin Debbie. Bless You 🙏🙏

TMO Supporting Vendors