The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eibach Sportline Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Has anyone installed the Eibach Sportline Springs on their Boss. I am looking for a dealer to buy them from. I called Eibach and they recommended I buy them from a dealer because Eibach is a lot more expensive. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
you can get Eibach Sportline Springs at several web sites here is one:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-sportline-springs-2011.html

the part number google search is a good option

ihatepotholess said:
I thought eibach makes springs that's specifically for boss 302?
AFAIK only Steeda has brought Boss specific springs to market at this point. The other option is the Ford Racing M-5300-K springs which I believe are the same or very similar to the Eibach Sportlines.

Justin

going that low is going to require more than just those springs to get your suspension to sit right again. like adjustable pan hard bar, caster camber plates, bump steer etc. unless you just want to make it really low and dont care about how it handles or how the tires wear.

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
Don't forget the relocation brackets.
yeah I was going to type it all out but then I thought....maybe he just wants to know where to buy them and knows what all is involved. lol better get a curb alert sensor for the front nose going that low cause it will scrap on everything lol

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Flyboygsxr said:
Has anyone installed the Eibach Sportline Springs on their Boss. I am looking for a dealer to buy them from. I called Eibach and they recommended I buy them from a dealer because Eibach is a lot more expensive. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks.
I read in various nationally distributed car magazines that Tire Rack advertises they carry the Eibach Sportline Springs and offers install too. Check 'em out.

MMD

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Thanks for the info guys...I am aware that additional parts will need to be installed. I talked to the guys at Eibach who took a members LS and installed the Sportline springs to do some R&D. They decided the current sportlines for the GT were the best thing for the Boss also and said that they are the same springs Ford Racing sells...Ford just puts their name on them. If you don't get adjustable camber bolts or camber plates it will set up the camber at -1.3 degrees. Eibach claims that will help the handling on the track and if you plan on using the car for the track primarily you don't need to get the camber plates or bolts, whichever one you decide to go with. The adjustable panhard bar is needed and relocation brackets for the rear LCA's if you want to do it right. It drops the rear about 2 inches and the front around 1.5. I have some Enkei PF01's in 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with Toyo R888's that have an overall diameter that is one inch smaller than the stock Pirelli's. My plan is to get the Sportlines, and the adjustable panhard bar. I haven't decided whether to get the camber bolts or the adjustabel camber plates. The bolts are only about $30 while the camber plates are several hundred. I also would like to swap about the rear LCA's while I am at it with the Steeda LCA since they are lighter and stronger than the stock ones to help eliminate the wheel hop. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone has the sportlines on your car let me know how much you paid and where you bought them from. Thanks

Here's what I'm thinking of buying and Toulsey Ford has some of the best prices on FR products. Capaldi Racing also has excellent prices. Give either a call. I do not want to slam my car so I'm using the P (Pro-Kit) springs over the K (Sportline) springs.

Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates
FR Springs: M-5300-P
FR Jounce Bumpers: M-5570-A
FR Adjustable Panhard Bar: M-4264-A
FR Rear LCA relocation brkts: M-5650-A
FR Rear Lower Control Arms: M-5649-R1
FR Dampers: M-18000-C

Flyboygsxr said:
If you don't get adjustable camber bolts or camber plates it will set up the camber at -1.3 degrees. Eibach claims that will help the handling on the track and if you plan on using the car for the track primarily you don't need to get the camber plates or bolts, whichever one you decide to go with.
If you plan on using the car primarily for the track, you definitely need the camber plates or bolts. I went from -2.8 to -3.1 when I installed the -P springs and I'd still take a little more. There was a noticeable improvement on turn in just going that much more.

Flyboygsxr said:
The adjustable panhard bar is needed and relocation brackets for the rear LCA's if you want to do it right. It drops the rear about 2 inches and the front around 1.5. I have some Enkei PF01's in 18x9.5 and 18x10.5 with Toyo R888's that have an overall diameter that is one inch smaller than the stock Pirelli's. My plan is to get the Sportlines, and the adjustable panhard bar. I haven't decided whether to get the camber bolts or the adjustabel camber plates. The bolts are only about $30 while the camber plates are several hundred. I also would like to swap about the rear LCA's while I am at it with the Steeda LCA since they are lighter and stronger than the stock ones to help eliminate the wheel hop. Let me know what you guys think and if anyone has the sportlines on your car let me know how much you paid and where you bought them from. Thanks
I have the FRPP 302S LCAs with spherical rod ends, the FRPP LCA relo brackets and the Steeda adj UCA with rod end and additional spherical bearing that replaces the rubber bushing at the top of the diff. It makes a huge improvement in hooking up the rear tires and completely eliminates wheel hop.

5 DOT 0 said:
Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates
FR Springs: M-5300-P
FR Jounce Bumpers: M-5570-A
FR Adjustable Panhard Bar: M-4264-A
FR Rear LCA relocation brkts: M-5650-A
FR Rear Lower Control Arms: M-5649-R1
FR Dampers: M-18000-C

Rick, I thought you were getting the rear LCA: M-5649-S. What made you change your mind? What are the differences between the two? One cost more than twice of the other one.

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
Rick, I thought you were getting the rear LCA: M-5649-S. What made you change your mind? What are the differences between the two? One cost more than twice of the other one.
Check that email. Gary has the S and they have the metal spherical bushings. I'm a wimp so no metal bushings for me. :D
Hardly. You're just smarter with women. I got a work phone call last night right after leaving the driveway and since the exhaust is so loud I had to roll up the windows and turn off the radio. The wife goes "Is the suspension supposed to sounds like that?" D'oh! LOL! ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
Check that email. Gary has the S and they have the metal spherical bushings. I'm a wimp so no metal bushings for me. :D

Lol I totally forgot that was Gary's part list. I don't want it to be that hardcore. Looks like I'm gonna go with R1 as well.

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
why not these?
I just bought them
http://blowbyracing.com/bbr-0506-001.html

boss2511 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
ihatepotholess said:
why not these?
I just bought them
http://blowbyracing.com/bbr-0506-001.html

Those don't have the Spherical Bearings that don't put the rear end in a bind. I guess those would be good for drag racing but not for road racing.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel