The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
After reading the recent article in Mustang Monthly about fire extinguishers, I decided to buy one of the new Halotron 1 units. I thought the custom trunk mounting brackets were a bit pricey, so decided to design and build one from scratch.

The photo below shows one that I made for about $11. A 36" length of 2" X 1/8" aluminum at Home Depot will actually make two brackets, so if you can go in with a buddy and make a couple your total cost will be about $6 and a hour and a half of fabrication time.

extinguisherbracket_zps5499a54f.jpg

If anyone is interested I can post the blueprint and construction method. Tools required are a hack saw, bench vise, and a drill.

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
Full directions are now in the How To section. If anyone would like clarification I'd be happy to do that. I'll have a blueprint available for the bracket sometime tomorrow.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel