The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Free shipping in lower 48: DSS Carbon Driveshaft, Mcleod RXT & AL flywheel, MGW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the following items for sale:

Part Number(s) | Description |Price

FDSH22-C-CV | DSS 2011-2014 MUSTANG 5.0L 3-1/4" CARBON FIBER DRIVE SHAFT $750.00 SOLD

6932-25 & | MCLEOD 2011-2016 MUSTANG 5.0L RXT TWIN DISC CLUTCH KIT W/ ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL $825.00 SOLD

SSB-03-000 | Blowfish 2011-2014 Mustang V6/GT/BOSS SHIFTER SUPPORT BRACKET $165.00 SOLD

2011MUS | MGW 2011-2014 MT-82 Equipped GT / BOSS 302 / V6 (Original, Non-Race Spec Version) and Heat Shield $200.00

Driveshaft, clutch, and shifter support bracket all have less than 3,000 miles. The MGW shifter has approximately 12,000 miles.
If someone wants both the shifter and support bracket, contact me and we can work out a package deal.

Prices INCLUDE shipping within the lower 48 of the United States - i.e. the continental US minus Alaska. All parts are located in Delaware if anyone is interested in picking them up.

I prefer PayPal for payment. If its a local pickup, cash is acceptable.

Thanks,
Steve

Link to driveshaft description:
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/domestic-driveshafts/ford/mustang/2011-2014-gt/ford-2011-14-mustang-gt-boss-302-6-speed-manual-1-piece-aluminum-shaft-with-cv-900hp-3-1-4-carbon-fiber-driveshaft

Mcleod clutch and flywheel description:
http://www.mcleodracing.com/index.php/rxt-clutch-pns-10005.html
http://www.mcleodracing.com/index.php/aluminum-flywheel-pns-30619.html

Blowfish Shifter Support Bracket
https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/101-2011-2014-mustang-v6gtboss-isolated-shifter-support-bracket.html

Re: DSS Carbon Driveshaft, Mcleod RXT & AL flywheel, MGW, Blowfish Shifter Suppport

sent you a pm regarding the Driveshaft.

Re: DSS Carbon Driveshaft, Mcleod RXT & AL flywheel, MGW, Blowfish Shifter Suppport

Replied to driveshaft PM.

PM replied to.

Blowfish Shifter Support bracket is sold.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

2012-Boss is a top notch seller. I'm very happy with my purchase of Steeda parts.

He takes great care of his Boss 302.

Thank you so much Steve!

302 Hi Pro

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like your cf driveshaft?

I love the carbon fiber driveshaft. The only reason I removed it was because I swapped to a Magnum XL a couple of weeks ago.

The carbon shaft makes a noticeable difference in how fast the engine rpm increases / decreases. This really impacts your ability to rev match during a downshift. There also isn't much need for a safety loop with a carbon shaft. The shaft will shatter if the yolk or CV joint breaks rather than pole vaulting the car.

I installed the driveshaft several months before I swapped in the McLeod RXT with aluminum flywheel. While the difference with the carbon shaft is very noticeable, combined with the Aluminum flywheel the engine response is phenomenal.

The Magnum XL required a new clutch and I went with an Exedy Hyper Single based on Dean Martin's recommendations. The Exedy only comes with a lightened steel flywheel. The kit also uses an aluminum shaft. The engine rpm is not nearly as responsive with the new setup and I am having to re-learn how to rev-match during downshifts.

Steve

What does it do for drivetrain noise, in particular differential gear noise? Does it dampen these harmonics better?

Tim

thehueypilot said:
What does it do for drivetrain noise, in particular differential gear noise? Does it dampen these harmonics better?

Tim

The carbon shaft would be quieter than an aluminum shaft, but I doubt it is quieter than the OEM two piece shaft with regards to gear whine. If I understand correctly, the OEM driveshaft has a heavy rubber isolator bonded inside.

Pricing change. I will cover shipping within the lower 48 of the United States - i.e. the continental US minus Alaska.

Thanks,
Steve

MGW Shifter and Heat Shield pictures are below. The shifter does not include the MT-82 transmission linkages currently attached to the shifter. You will use the linkages on your current MT-82.

IMG_0436_zpsdj39l0m7.jpg

IMG_0437_zpsnexmgyk1.jpg

IMG_0439_zps3s4hmha9.jpg

IMG_0441_zpszdfvntqe.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel