The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

going nuts on grand am Road America

3,820
3,766
Not only am I going crazy stuck here watching the race but to find out the Mustangs were at 11th and 16th (roush) and 15th (racer's edge) is just putting me over the edge. I think I'll go out and kick the dog, or the neighbor's dog anyway.........kick something.....
 
It is frustrating to say the least :mad: One good note is Roger and Ian pulled off 6th place, best finish for them this year. Guess it is a good thing they did not crack the top 5 or Grand Am would have put a 40MM restrictor on the Bosses and cut the revs to five grand ::)
 

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
YellowBoss said:
It is frustrating to say the least :mad: One good note is Roger and Ian pulled off 6th place, best finish for them this year. Guess it is a good thing they did not crack the top 5 or Grand Am would have put a 40MM restrictor on the Bosses and cut the revs to five grand ::)

So had they restricted the Boss's for the race in any way? I watched it intermittently....and the broadcast seemed to be focused on the BMW versus Porsche. Would have thought the Boss could have mixed it up more with the bimmer's and P cars.

P.S.
I watched the race intermittently because I didn't see the Boss in the thick of it.
 
3,820
3,766
YellowBoss said:
It is frustrating to say the least :mad: One good note is Roger and Ian pulled off 6th place, best finish for them this year. Guess it is a good thing they did not crack the top 5 or Grand Am would have put a 40MM restrictor on the Bosses and cut the revs to five grand ::)

my mistake, good job!..and you're probably right.

Looks like Grand Am is becoming a BMW parade with the exception of Rum Bum Porsche

Senderofan said:
So had they restricted the Boss's for the race in any way? I watched it intermittently....and the broadcast seemed to be focused on the BMW versus Porsche. Would have thought the Boss could have mixed it up more with the bimmer's and P cars.

P.S.
I watched the race intermittently because I didn't see the Boss in the thick of it.

Grand Am is owned by NASCAR, it seems to change all the time, they gave the Bosses back 4 or 500 rpms after Mid Ohio (as I recall).
I'm watching the delta wing right now, the on air personalities are slobbering all over it, call me old school but I was they would have that car crushed.
 
blacksheep-1 said:
I'm watching the delta wing right now, the on air personalities are slobbering all over it, call me old school but I was they would have that car crushed.

I'm sitting here eating a burrito reading this post and damn near spit the food out of my month as I read this............"Slobbering all over it"

Its my inner teenager that comes out in times like this!

I present to you!

Next year's Delta Wing Coupe..........

download


-- and --

The Ambiguously Gay Duo's Phallic Coupe

Ambiguously%20gay%20duo%20car.jpg

No slobbering please!
 
401
0
I stopped watching as soon as Jack Roush Jr bent up his car and came in for green-flag repairs. What a crappy year for the Boss 302 racing program.
 

j3st3r

Brian S.
603
371
Tennessee
Why do the Mustangs get all the restrictions? I heard the interviews after Daytona and they said the stangs are 60lbs heavier than everyone else. Whoever mentioned it earlier is right they never mention the mustangs or even talk to any of the ford crews during race, it's always Rum Bum, & BMW. Hard to have a good year if you are constantly having to adjust the car for restrictions
 
3,820
3,766
The politically correct answer is because Grand Am is keeping everything "even"
The politically incorrect answer is because XXXXX and XXXX and XXXX support the XXXX series and the XXXX series. The folks running XXXX think that XXXX, XXXX, and XXXX are getting all the breaks because of it.
At least that's the "theory".

Hope that explains it.
 
401
0
Based on the restrictions breakdown uploaded by one of the teams, I didnt see anything that wouldnt allow the mustang to be a top 5 car. Brakes continue to he a pain, and some world challenge cars were complaining about the crazy ABS controller that goes screwy.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,552
2,392
Arizona, USA
sadil said:
Based on the restrictions breakdown uploaded by one of the teams, I didnt see anything that wouldnt allow the mustang to be a top 5 car. Brakes continue to he a pain, and some world challenge cars were complaining about the crazy ABS controller that goes screwy.

The ABS faults in PWC on the Mustangs were being caused by faulty ABS reset switches/connections rather than by the controller itself. From what I'm hearing the ABS reset function is going to be eliminated for the 2014 302R/302S cars.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top