The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Going to Sebring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Never been to one of these races so looking for suggestions on what to go see or where to be. We don't get in until Friday afternoon so only going on Saturday. Plan on getting there between 7-8 as we are staying 1.5 hours away. So let me know what you all suggest to see at these races.

You need to look up Blacksheep, it will be the highlight of your weekend ,but if you hang around too much you'll end up working.
Sebring Diner is a must

You need to look up Blacksheep, it will be the highlight of your weekend ,but if you hang around too much you'll end up working.
Sebring Diner is a must
Never mind, our race is Thursday. I think they are running WEC on Saturday, maybe the actual 12 hour on Sunday?
Sort of off my radar.
Sebring is huge on history, if you know where to look for it.
The gas station, just past the high school is where tech used to take place, high school was let out so the kids could help push the cars, then they drove them to the track.
The place was a bomber base in WW2, so the main straight is an old runway.
This track now, is the shortest of all the Sebring tracks, the cars used to turn right out of the hairpin, then run down warehouse straight to Webster turn.
( Andretti and his Ferrari got into the crowd around 1968, almost canceling the rest of the race) if you drive around the outside of the track you can still see some of warehouse and Webster turn is still called Webster turn on the city street.Screenshot_20230304-161934_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Turn 1 is OK, the hairpin, ( which is actually the third hairpin, the second hairpin is now the runoff for HP3 is ok, Green Park, or what's left of it is party city, rated R.
If you can get there, the area around 14, 15 and 16 is pretty decent and there are some mounds out there to camp on.
The track food next to the main pit ( not WEC,) is good food.
Don't piss off the sheriffs, it won't go well.
Oddly enough, I don't see much of the race, I watch it on the pit screen like everyone else on pit lane.
Screenshot_20230304-162831_DuckDuckGo.jpg

20220122_154458.jpg

If you can get to the WEC pits, if they are running them, it's pretty impressive, each pit stall/ office is modular and just dropped into place, A/C and all.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors