The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT content: a lap around COTA in the GT MK IV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The MK IV also has a passenger seat. It's a ... more intense experience than the MK II. No passenger made it more than 1.5 laps around COTA before throwing in the towel :biggrin:
It would be fun trying. You should start a contest to see who can hang in the longest. I would hive it a try.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I'm in for seeing how many laps I can handle! Maybe we can do some kind of bet on this, x dollars says I can do 10 laps? But, I'd be happy just to get a ride around the block. I've been after a ride in any Ford GT since the car showed up in the early sixties.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Fun video.

I remember when @TMSBOSS took me out for a session in his GT350 at Barber. By the end of the session I had the straps so tight I could barely breathe. I’m almost certain I deformed his passenger toe board as well. It was fun though.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors