The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been a while since I looked at this thread!

Yes still using the FP350S ABS. Big improvement on stock and less $$ than aftermarket options.
Last time I had the Grey car out -- Some may have seen this on Facebook.....

Great weekend of racing with NASA Great Lakes at Mid Ohio, last weekend of August.

Had an engine issue (again) with the new car. Ran the Grey car for 35 minutes in the Trec Race and lost the clutch!

Spent the rest of Friday trying to diagnose the engine issue on the new car and gave up!

Got to the track at 6:30am Saturday and spent 10 hours pulling 2 transmissions, switching a flywheel, clutch and slave cylinder and reinstalling a transmission.

7A8110E6-C4A6-485A-B36E-D12F38F63E0A_1_105_c.jpeg

Many thanks to Charles Jawor, Steve Esposito, Leo Capaldi, Alex Perales, Frankie Schaffier II and Craig Capaldi for their help.
Made the race with 15 minutes to spare and gridded P4 as I missed qualifying.
Great result. P1 in ST2, Adrenaline was high!
1663630587396.png

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Injectors and coils have to be re-pinned for cylinders 2,3,6 and 7 as below:

View attachment 4843
Have you or someone you knew done the swap already? And does it work with re pining the pcm connector? I have a 2018 gt350 and the motor is done for and i wanted to swap it with a 5.0 long block and my only concern is what i have to do with the harness or pcm connector, or do i have to tune/ re flash the ecu?

TMO Supporting Vendors