The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Let's talk ride heights.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Setting car up for next year.

2016 Mustang GT
305/30/19 tires
Coilovers (divorced rear with MMI adjusters)

Trying to get a ballpark for ride heights.

I measured my wife's stock gtpp

From bottom wheel lip to fender is
25.75F and 25.5 rear.

Mine is 24.5F and 24.75R

From pinch weld I'm at 4" front and 4.75 rear. Almost seems like I should bring the rear down about 0.5"

1. Similar cars...where do you reference measure for ride heights (bottom wheel lip to fender? Hub centerline to fender? Top lip to fender? Pinch weld to ground?)

2. Anyone wanna share values?

Trying to learn here.

Thanks and Merry Happy Whatever you celebrate.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Setting car up for next year.

2016 Mustang GT
305/30/19 tires
Coilovers (divorced rear with MMI adjusters)

Trying to get a ballpark for ride heights.

I measured my wife's stock gtpp

From bottom wheel lip to fender is
25.75F and 25.5 rear.

Mine is 24.5F and 24.75R

From pinch weld I'm at 4" front and 4.75 rear. Almost seems like I should bring the rear down about 0.5"

1. Similar cars...where do you reference measure for ride heights (bottom wheel lip to fender? Hub centerline to fender? Top lip to fender? Pinch weld to ground?)

2. Anyone wanna share values?

Trying to learn here.

Thanks and Merry Happy Whatever you celebrate.
Ken, from wheel bottom go 24"F, 24.25" R then start the corner balance. You will end up cranking the left rear up a bit and the left rear up a bit less.
Steve

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Another comment to throw out there is how are you using your Mustang, Autocrossing , Time Trials, Road Racing , etc.? This is important because depending on the Class you are running ( if not just HPDEs ) you need to find out what the rules are for height in that area. A good example is a past customer wanted to run F Street with his Mustang, but he found out on getting to a Divisional Event his car appeared a bit low. Being new he was unaware of the rules ( at this time ) and he had lowered the car so that it did not meet the rules of the Class. He told competitors because he was naive about the rules and he fortunately had time to change his Class at the last minute.

Road racing Classes and Time Trial Classes have height rules , so keep this in mind, if it is a concern for the Class you are considering.

sfo
What about aero? What about rake? These go with the RH set-up package

So gt350R is running 250/900 divorced springs basically no aero
FP350s is running 650/600@coil like 650/1200 with tested factory aero

Vorschlag mcs kit 600/750@coil like 600/1500
cortex JRi close 650/850@coil like 650/1700

What clues can be gleaned from spring rates?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TX
What about aero? What about rake? These go with the RH set-up package

So gt350R is running 250/900 divorced springs basically no aero
FP350s is running 650/600@coil like 650/1200 with tested factory aero

Vorschlag mcs kit 600/750@coil like 600/1500
cortex JRi close 650/850@coil like 650/1700

What clues can be gleaned from spring rates?

JRI's 850 spring rate I think is with their rear control arm (0.77MR). So more closer to 1500 @ coil. Either way with basically no aero the lower spring rates are going to allow for more mechanical grip. Personally I'm going 450/750 and JRI had no issues with those rates.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel