The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lowering a mostly street Boss 302.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll be using my B302 for 95% street. I'd like to get rid of the rake and lower my car ever so slightly but keep the stock Tokicos. Not looking for a track only stiff ride, rather a ride similar to stock. Perhaps a bit more firm would be ok. How does this look to you guys? Is this how you would do it if you shared my intentions? I want do it correctly, the axle centered and all the geometry where it should be. It all adds up to $1023.90 but am sure I could get it for less elsewhere.

Ok here's what I got. :

2012-2013 BOSS 302 LOWERING SPRINGS M-5300-T
M-5300-T-S.jpg

2005-2014 MUSTANG ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR M-4264-A
M-4264-A-S.jpg

2005-2014 MUSTANG TUBULAR REAR LOWER CONTROL ARM KIT - URETHANE BUSHINGS M-5649-R1
M-5649-R1-S.jpg

2005-2014 MUSTANG LOWER CONTROL ARM RELOCATION BRACKETM-5650-A
M-5650-A-S.jpg

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Looks like good choices. I have K springs on and I think they ride great. Think the T kit from Ford is Ps in front and Ks in back. Only thing I would add is some camber plates.
Good pricing on Ford racing parts,
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=levittown+ford+racing
http://www.fordparts.com/
http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/?Click=2
http://www.buyfordracing.com/

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
You can save a bunch of money and get BMR suspension parts. I am running the t springs steeda upper adjustable, bbr billet lowers, BMR relocation brackets and BMR adjustable pan hard. Works great for me. And the car was my daily driver up until a few weeks ago. I have about 20k on the above set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maui
+1!!!
Justin said:
You can save a bunch of money and get BMR suspension parts. I am running the t springs steeda upper adjustable, bbr billet lowers, BMR relocation brackets and BMR adjustable pan hard. Works great for me. And the car was my daily driver up until a few weeks ago. I have about 20k on the above set up

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I have come to really like the FRPP mod parts for quality and fit. You can't go wrong with Ford parts for your Boss.

My Boss has the FRPP T springs installed and I really like the ride and the look. They only lowered the front by .48 inches and less than 1.5" in the rear, (on my Boss, full tank of gas and settled), so it has 1/8" to 1/4" rake, (full or empty tank of gas).

With the front lowered by less than .5", the front end geometry is pretty much intact and no bump steer kits are required.

Tip on the rear spring install. The placement of the bottom cut end of the spring is important. Look at the service manual, which talks about placing the paper tag towards the axle, but my T springs did not have any paper tags affixed to the springs so I found that placing the bottom cut end of the spring pointing towards the center of the differential or positioned on the back side of the bottom spring perch gave the best ride. (For my Boss)

Good luck with your install and post up some pics of your install.
302 Hi Pro

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Justin said:

++1

Love my BMR parts with my T-springs. Great ride for street or track.

You might check out the Steeda Boss 302 springs too. I had them installed on all four corners and the ride is great without a whole ton of stiffness. After they settled, I am at 28" on all corners. The rear dropped almost an inch and the front stayed almost the same. I also put on BMR LCA's but didn't need the adjustable mounts as the drop was not huge. I also put on the Steeda adjustable 3rd link w/mount and adjustable panhard bar.

All in all, I really like the look and because I won't be tracking it much (if at all) I didn't want it to be too stiff or low for daily driving and road trips. I really like the look and feel. And, all the wheel hop is totally gone too!

There are several options out there, so have fun picking and choosing!

i have the bmr spring, along with the upper rear mount, rear adj upper control arm, bmr rear lowers and brackets, one piece drive shaft from shaftmasters with bmr drive shaft loop on stock rims and tires.

handle great and the ride is a little firm but good, i would post pics but i dont know how on here.

TMO Supporting Vendors